What do you know about dreams?

galagr

Reaction score
I think I've been watching way too much World's Dumbest lately...
World's Dumbest will do that. I once watched an all day marathon of World's Dumbest and the same night, I had a dream featuring Loni Love, Danny Bonaduce, and Gary Busey that I'd, uh, rather not talk about.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Solution, people: watch no reality TV whatsoever! It fries neurons!

I wish I could steer my dreams more. There's a few I'd LIKE to have and can't seem to get there...
--------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
World's Dumbest will do that. I once watched an all day marathon of World's Dumbest and the same night, I had a dream featuring Loni Love, Danny Bonaduce, and Gary Busey that I'd, uh, rather not talk about.
You don't have to talk about it, it's funnier IMAGINING what those three could get themselves into!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before but you know how at the end of Wizard of Oz Dorothy insists she tried to get back home for "days and days" but it reality it probably hadn't been that long? Has anyone ever had an experience like that where a dream can feel like days but it was actually only hours?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can do that. REM sleep can technically last a good 30-90 minutes max per cycle, so that might explain the "days and days" stuff. Anyway, the other night I dreamt I was giving birth (I was the OB nurse, not the one GIVING birth) to some baby. I didn't really pay attention to the parents.

And then I realized the infant, once born, was me! I looked up and it was my parents, roughly the way they looked back then (I've seen pics). I didn't tell them my name (I"ve seen enough BTTF movies), but the infant me suddenly grew into 2-year-old me (been playing Sims too much?), who for some bizarre reason outed me as Kelly. My parents then realized it was true and my father attacked and chased me through the house (unlike reality, this took place at one of our old houses, not a hospital), even though that level of jerkness didn't exist then. I tried to teleport out of the house when the door wouldn't budge, but I just popped back in front of the door (watching too much Beetlejuice?). However, the teleportation attempt cloaked me, and my father couldn't find me. I woke up later.

mo

Reaction score
had a dream I was at a foreign school and then was driving a car. my brother told me to brake but I had already hit the acellerator...I died....but then I woke up!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Curious if anyone has ever had a particularly gory dream, whether they died in it or not. Back in the early '90s I recall a dream where I was being chased by Freddy Krueger. I wasn't as worried about dying as I was about how much those knife-rakes were gonna HURT.

Some days I wish I could live in my dream world, even when it's dark (I don't think I've ever seen daylight in a dream...ever)...but then I realize that would make me a lunatic, and I have a great fear of being caged.
---------------

Hubert

Reaction score
There is something so weird happening to me lately that I want to talk about here.

See, recently, when I'm in a place I've never been before, and am in a certain position or situation there, I get this sense of deja vu, just for a second or two. And I know why...I actually dream those short moments, that brief second, and then when it actually happens, it seems familiar. It's like I'm seeing a second into the future...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Neurologists will tell you this is a brainfart, basically...a misfiring of a neuron in the memory cortex.

I personally have experienced it several times, and weirder, often that has been something I dreamed which then came true...but never anything big or useful, just a person wearing a certain sweater and standing a certain way and the topic on the blackboard being something...etc. Ah, if only I could have dream premonitions about stuff that mattered!

-------------