What do you make one say before you photograph him

salemfan

Reaction score
We all know of being asked to say, "cheese" before our picture is taken, but some people have come up with their own things to make people say. For instance, when I took somebody's picture in front of the site of a proposed train station, I asked him to say, "choo-choo". Also, when my speech pathologist took my picture during a school party, she asked me to say, "AJ" because I like apple juice and refer to it as, "AJ". What other words can you think of to make people say before you photograph them?

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
In the news just this week was Robert Bray (Canada's Portrait Photographer of the Year ) told Queen Elizabeth:

"Big smile - show some teeth... over here - into the camera."

That Announcer

Reaction score
Pretty bad, huh?

Personally, I prefer to shoot candids, so usually nothing comes before the snap. What comes after, however, is usually a barrage of four-letter words and a punch to the head for me.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
What comes after, however, is usually a barrage of four-letter words and a punch to the head for me.
HI-larious!

I always say some horrible off-the-wall thing like "cheese-fart" or other jibberish to make 'em laugh! Makes good for real smiles!

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Smile chickey babe, do you want to make the front pages or not?"

That Announcer

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
"Smile chickey babe, do you want to make the front pages or not?"
Ha ha!

I just realized that my father (who's also a Muppet fan) usually makes us say "Penguin" before he takes a picture.