What Do You Think About MTI Figures?

King Prawn

Reaction score
Okay, so after reading afew posts here and there i've discovered that not many people are eager for MTI Action Figures especially Miss Piggy.

In my opinion i think that MTI Piggy would be the best Piggy Variant that could be made (maybe beside Biker Piggy). I mean they would be so different from other Muppet Variants, Kermit would have white hair aswell as Fozzie & Bunsen and Beaker would have a pony tail (Which i think would look really cool on a Beaker Variant).

We've already got MTI Sam so wouldn't it be great to finish the MTI theme. I for one would not be very happy with lets say a Kermit, Sam, Gonzo & Rizzo MTI Variants, i'd also want Fozzie, Piggy, Bunsen & especially Beaker.

And if you think about it some people are saying these aren't classic Muppets but they are there just not Classic Muppets In Classic Muppet Show Costumes (Does that make sense).

I'm not trying to change anyone's decision or anything, but i thought it would be fun to learn different people's opinions on this. I mean the actual figure would look great.

So what i'd like to know is, would you like to complete your MTI theme collection, if the Muppets had appeared in these costumes on TMS would you be more excited about them, which one's are you really looking forward too.

ps. This thread might also be of help to Ken, I mean lots of people had MTI themed characters on The Count's Master List, which i thought meant many people wanted them but know i'm seeing there isn't as great a demand for these figures as i thought (or is it only just Piggy).

Anyway just want to point out once again that i'm not trying to change anyones opinions on this just trying to learn more on it. :halo:

:wink: :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kind Prawn,

Id rather keep the space available for The Muppet Show Characters and Variants.

Although i would like Clueless Morgan, Mad Monty and Polly Lobster figures !

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd say wait on MTI and after a while release them with a boat playset and a semi-Long John look-alike (but not exactly like) and a Jimmy.

Luke

Reaction score
We are having this same discussion over at 'Ask Palisades' on the other forum right now. Personally i don't think MTI Piggy is a good choice at all - Biker or Nurse will be more popular. I like the MTI figures but i feel the movie license should be dipped in and out of to find the best character themes rather than making tons from one particular movie. We haven't seen much from TMM, MTM or GMC yet and apparently there is now no chance for Afro Kermit which really bites wind. For MTI - i think maybe Kermit, Sam and Clueless (with polly) would be enough. Enough Beakers and Fozzie's being planned already. Admittedly Benjamina goes well with Smollet though as a set.

The problem i see with feminine Piggy anything (Palisades or not) is that the majority of Muppet fans are 20-30 male and other than our more 'flamboyant' members you aren't going to find many of them wanting a Piggy in a dress, or if they do they probably aren't going to feel like approaching their local babe shopping assistant and asking for one incase they think you've got a pig fetish. It's classic kid brother buying Barbie for sisters birthday syndrome. Admittedly the problem with regular Piggy was just as much her being overpacked but i think this probably had something to do with it - the pig is one of those characters that people love or love to hate, some people can get fed up with her. I bet P.I.S Piggy is way popular because the figure looks cooler and it has that Star Trek theme that makes it kooky not wierd and there are the other matching characters too. Nurse Piggy and Biker Piggy are also good ones, a little more guy friendly. At least people will think you have a thing for leather or nurses uniforms and not so much a pig fetish.

I know about these things, i had to go out and buy white hotpants once AND QUEUE FOR THEM !

:eek:

King Prawn

Reaction score
What I found embarressing about picking up Series 1 Piggy was because of her dressing table, that's why I did it online. My dad still looks at me strangly when he enter my room and sees my Piggy and her dressing table, holdinh her hand held mirror (Not so much cause of Piggy but because of the dressing table and mirror). When he really looked at me strangley was when i payed £25.00 to get my EB Piggy just because she had her hair down and a Boa. That's what embarresses me.

Anyway you might have a point there but that's like saying to put Marge Simpson out in a really stunning dress cause it won't sell. We're going to get Piggy's and i'd love Nurse Piggy but again we come to the point, should Palisades make this figure because i don't see men wanting to buy it out of embarressment (sp?)

As I see it we're going to get Piggy's, so why not get one that will end a set (MTI) and also look really cool. Maybe i should have started a thread on what Piggy Variants we would like.

Mine would have been:
(it's a long list of Piggy Variants seeing as how some people are fed up of Piggy, so i'll score them out of ten to show how much each variant interests me)

TMM- Pagent Winner Miss Piggy 5/10
TGMC- Swim Suit Piggy 5/10
TMTM- Manhattan Melodies Piggy 10/10
MTI- Benjamina Gunn 10/10
TMS- Biker Piggy 10/10
TMS- Nurse Piggy 10/10
TMTM- Bride Piggy 10/10
???- Sparkling Dress Piggy 9/10

(I think she wore a sparkling dress in TGMC but if not i think Palisades could get away with making her, she'd be a better addition for the Tux versions or is this just my excuse of getting a sparkling Dress Piggy? (we already have EB Piggy)?

some people also seem to be pushing for a Tux Piggy, I don't know about that, if Janice came in a tux i'd also want a Piggy in Tux, it would go better with the tux version, but i'd much rather prefer Janice in a sparkly dress (what is it with me and sparkly dresses or just a nice dress like regular Piggy)

maybe a good idea would be to start different threads for different Muppet variants, not all at the same time though. I'll start one for Kermit... better yet Rowlf as he has a smaller selection to choose from and if the thread catches on we could maybe later start one for a different character and so on...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wow you too must be really insecure if you are embarrssed to buy an action figure to complete series. If you went and bought a box of Piggys so you could bress them up and put make up on them, then maybe you have a problem, but to keep a cool Piggy variant out of your colection because someone might think you are gay is rediculous.

I want all the MTI variants. There is plenty of room for TMSvariants and TMM variants. Also, there aren't that many Beakers. One was an industry giveaway and another was a convention exclusive. The acyual line has only seen 2 variants and one is a mega. I'd love a new regular Beaker with the ability to move the head up and down as well as a MTI Beaker with the same movement.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Wow you too must be really insecure if you are embarrssed to buy an action figure to complete series.
I'm not insecure about it - remember, i told you i bought HOTPANTS ! It's a natural thing for some guys to feel insecure about though and as i said, majority of Muppet fans are older males who probably aren't attracted to a female pig either in puppet, figure or plush form unless there is some twist to it, but a dress takes things a little over the girly line. I've known the Muppets licensing very well for a long long time and i guarantee you that is part of the 'Piggy' problem.

I'd debate whether this is 'room' in the line for every single MTI variant and every concoction of Beaker and Piggy. There are 14 waves if we're lucky, and they've planned upto 7 now. It's way more important to have a varied and interesting selection of characters and themes from the shows and movies rather than focusing on one movie (that didn't do all that well and was not embraced that much by the fans) and weighting the line down even more with the main few characters. I think they've got the right mix now, maybe just a bit more from the earlier movies and i guess they'll start to go a tiny bit more obscure as they run a little lower on main characters in the later series but even then, lots of nice main character themes to do without turning the thing into a pirate themed sub-line. Yes, a couple of MTI figures themed together in a little set would be nice but not too many - the earlier stuff is way more popular.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

LOL!

All of this Piggy stuff i have, Im not embarassed one bit.

:big_grin:

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
For me, I don't want to see MTI anyone, just because it was a bad movie (IN MY OPINION!). I was bummed when I saw that Sam was Sam Arrow. So many better options to choose from.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
ps. This thread might also be of help to Ken, I mean lots of people had MTI themed characters on The Count's Master List, which i thought meant many people wanted them but know i'm seeing there isn't as great a demand for these figures as i thought (or is it only just Piggy).
Where can you find the Count's Master List? I can't seem to find it on the board.