What do you think about this idea for a series of grouped figures? I'll explain lol

WiGgY

Reaction score
Basically this idea came up in a thread at Palisades when talking about the newer versions of the Electric Mayhem in their MTM style cloths. The idea is to group them all in one box with accessores for about 50 maybe 45 bucks. 5 new figures for the price of 5 new figures.

So far the ideas for grouped figures are:

1. Newer electric Mayhem variants such as pony tail Janice, Floyd and Zoot in their suits, ect.

2. Lou Lubbocks Jug band.

3. 4 pack of Fozzie, Kermit, Gonzo, and Piggy from GMC.

Of course price would vary depnding on how many figures were in it.

What do you think about this idea and how many groupings do you think would sell and be possible to make?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I think this would be a great idea so long as they were significantly different fiures like you say. I wouldn't pay 45 bucks for a box of repainted toys, but I would buy, like you said for example, a Lubbock Lou band set.

Luke

Reaction score
Absolutely none, the whole idea of why these figures are even selling the basic amount needed to continue the line, is that they are small inexpensive purchases - pocket money toys - if you were to start putting out sets with a $50 price point you'd encounter the same problems as the playsets .... people don't want to spend that kind of money on the Muppets, even if it's good stuff. If you look at it this way - if they were to have put the 'Muppet Labs' playset in the shops for $12, they would have sold a huge amount and it would have been an enourmous success.

Possibly they could do something with repaints of existing figures and put it out through the flyers that will be coming with figures in S4 and after, and through the website. Maybe the 'Manhatten Melodies' characters or something.

scarecroe

Reaction score
To some, $20 may be pocket money, sure. But others need to save up for weeks just to get a Super Scooter of Culinary Disaster Chef figure, lol! :eek:

So spending a little more than double that on 5 times as many figures would be a deal to me.

Luke

Reaction score
Oh right yeah, i was talking more about $7 figures. I can see five low production normally $20'ish figures at $50 a good bargain selling in some collectors shops or through the website. For that kind of money it could only be repaints though.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I was thinking one or two a year as a gift set, around christmas time. I see them all the time in comic stores...

WiGgY

Reaction score
With this idea I was thinking one figure would be like a repaint and the other would reuse some already sculpted parts.

For Example:

With the electric mayhem set Dr. Teeth would just be repainted to look like the MTM Dr. Teeth. Zoot's head would be reused, Floyd's would be reused, Animal would be the same as the tour Animal only the shirt would be painted like the I love NY shirt. The only totally different figure would probably be Janice because she would have her *dun dun dun!* Pony tail! :eek: lol

With the GMC set Fozzie would just be series 2 Fozzie, no repaint, no resculpt. His hat would just have that little press pass thing, now that's a money saver. Gonzao would probably reuse parts from Tux Gonzo, Kermit would reuse parts from News Reporter Kerit, and Piggy could reuse the EB Piggy head with the proper paint job on the hair.

Now with the Jub band, that may be a whole different story as that one would consist of totally different figures. But I think a power house 4 pack like the GMC set and even the Electric Mayhem MTM set would do well considering they sculpted so well.

Ken must melt all the snow here in New York so he can respond to this lol.