What Do You Think Disney's Going To Buy Next?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
My Guesses Would Either Be
Hasbro (Because Even If That Rumor Was Fake, They Could Be Secretly In Talks With The Mouse To Buy Them Out),
Nintendo (Due To Their New Wii U Not Selling Well And/or Not What People Expected, I Wouldn't Be Surprised If Disney Had A Plan To Buy Them Out),
The Jim Henson Company (Reason Why I Say This Company Is Cause Hey, They Already Bought Out The Muppets So Why Not Buy Out The Company As A Whole)

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
More Guesses
Rovio (There The Creators Of Angry Birds For Crying Out Loud, That's A Reason To Buy Them Out)
Billionfold Studios (Yes, Butch Hartman's Own Studio, If Disney Buys This Out They'll Get The Fairly OddParents, T.U.F.F Puppy, And Danny Phantom Properties)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Billionfold Studios (Yes, Butch Hartman's Own Studio, If Disney Buys This Out They'll Get The Fairly OddParents, T.U.F.F Puppy, And Danny Phantom Properties)
Unless there's a Doug situation, Nickelodeon would still own those shows. At the very least, the ones produced by Nickelodeon.

Nintendo (Due To Their New Wii U Not Selling Well And/or Not What People Expected, I Wouldn't Be Surprised If Disney Had A Plan To Buy Them Out),
That drives me nuts because A) they're clearly rushing to the next generation of game platform (all companies) and B) it just came out and there's hardly any hardware for it. There were similar problems with the 3DS at first. I'm pretty sure that there's going to be trouble with the 3rd X-Box and PS4, since they're going to be around 500 dollars.

Hasbro (Because Even If That Rumor Was Fake, They Could Be Secretly In Talks With The Mouse To Buy Them Out)
The thing that doesn't make sense is that Disney merchandise is made by Mattel. Only the properties they bought, Star Wars and Marvel, are Hasbro. That's going to create a monopoly. No entertainment company should own a toy company. It gets rid of the bidding process that licenses are procured by. I'd rather Disney products be made by a wide range of companies. That's been working for them since Mickey was created.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company (Reason Why I Say This Company Is Cause Hey, They Already Bought Out The Muppets So Why Not Buy Out The Company As A Whole)
I think they were actually planning to buy the JH Company as a whole back in '90, and Jim Henson's future work too.
But after Jim's death, the deal fell through. Henson kept themselfs and Disney didn't get another chance to buy until 2004. But by then, either they didn't want the whole company, or it wasn't for sale.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd sell my soul to Disney if they would make a new Darkwing Duck series. or even a Scrooge McDuck movie.

Hubert

Reaction score
I had planned to say "my soul" and then set Sarge up for some soul selling comment, but I was beaten to it. :stick_out_tongue:

I don't even know why Disney would want JHC...the company isn't doing great right now, and their only valuable property seems to be FR. And I also have a feeling that the Hensons want to hold on to some aspect of their father's legacy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head. JHC is still family (more or less) run and owned and a testament to the legacy of Jim. That's why the kids only sold The Muppets and Bear (which they've done nothing with) to Disney, and kept everything else they had to themselves. Though I'd tend to think Disney has the muscle to actually do something while JHC is always looking for business partners to distribute things.