What do you think?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sudden Launch (the server that hosts my forum) has this "law" that allows members who join any SL forum to delete their own accounts at their own free will. I've lost a total of three members because of this stupid "law", and it drives me crazy. No other forum I know of goes by this "law", do you think this is as stupid as I do? I feel the admin should be the one to delete accounts, not members.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think it's stupid too Snowthy. I don't know why they'd set it up like that. Mods should delete accounts. If someone wants their account deleted for any reason then they should contact the Mod. That way if there is a problem or something the Mod can try and fix it and then maybe they'll stay.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
EXACTLY! EXACTLY MY POINT! I keep trying to tell Sudden Launch that, but they still keep telling me "it's against the law". They also keep telling me it's my fault. "Why don't you ask yourself why your members are deleting themselves?" "Why don't you ask your members if they feel your forum could use some changes?" "Listen to what your members say". Hello! I'm the admin, I'm always listen to what the members have to say. Even here, because people here complain to me as if I was a Mod here or something!

Now, if it's such a violation of the law, then why don't other forums allow members to delete themselves then?

This really doesn't seem right to me, I mean what if Kathy were to ever actually visit the site and forum, and saw people were deleting themselves from a forum about her?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's a good point about Kathy visiting and seeing members deleting themselves. It's silly. Sudden Launch has their visions all screwed up. Hang in there Snowthy. I know I don't visit real often, but I'm not going to go deleting my account either, cause that's just stupid.

F

furryredmonster

Then stop using sudden launch. I find it rather, erm, stupid as well, the "law"

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I think that's honestly a really stupid law. If it even is a law. Humph. It really is a sad fact that people would want to leave your forum anyways.

[edit'd] Heehee...I just joined up finally myself!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Then stop using sudden launch. I find it rather, erm, stupid as well, the "law"
Well, despite this stupid law, Sudden Launch DOES have very good support and their forums are free.

I wouldn't mind having a vBulletin forum for KGZ, but they do have a price, and buying things over the internet: not safe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
super muppet said:
Dumb Law..I Suggest Using Phbb.
Yeah, but you have to download those, and I'm not really allowed to download anymore free software onto my computer.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I sympathize with you completely Snowthy:sympathy:
You've already been through more than enough worries and I pray to God that things will start settling down for you. You need a break from it all:sympathy:

I will pray for you my buddy. You mean so much to me. I want things to start going well for you:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I went to the phpbb website yesterday, and they said in order for me to open a phpbb forum, I had to download their software.