What do you want on the Special Edition DVDs?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
As (hopefully) we all know by now, there will be special editions of "The Muppet Movie", "The Great Muppet Caper", "The Muppet Christmas Carol", and "Muppet Treasure Island". So what kind of special features do you guys want to see? I'd personally like to see commentaries on the discs with the writers and puppeteers (ones still alive, of course). It might be interesting to see what Pepe has to say about those movies, so commentaries with him would also be very fun. What do you guys think?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Besides what has already been confirmed, I think that they should all have Muppet Morsels, deleted scenes, and original theatrical trailers. I also think that The Muppet Movie shoudl have the screen test that was on the first DVD (for those who don't have the first one).

Additionally, The Muppet Movie should have a commentary track with jerry Juhl, jack Burns (if he is still alive), James Frawlry, Paul Williams, and kenny Aschter (if he is still alive), another commentary track with the performers (Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Steve Whitmire, and hopefully Frank Oz, kathy Mullen, and maybe even Caroll Spinney), and maybe a commentary track with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, and Scooter.

The great Muppet caper should also have three commentary tracks: one with jerry Juhl, Craig Sherman, and Brian henson, one with Frank Oz, Dave Goelz, jerry nelson, Steve Whitmire, and Kathy Mullen, and one with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy.

The Muppet Christmas carol should have a secodn commentary track with Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, and hopefully Frank Oz, jerry nelson, david Rudman, Louise Gold, karen prell, and jerry Juhl, and if a muppet commentary coudl be done, then one with Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, Miss Piggy, and cameos by Bean Bunny, Fozzie Bear, Bunsen, and Beaker.

Muppet treasure island should have an extra commentary track featuring Steve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, and hopefully Kevin Clash, jerry Nelson, and Frank Oz. Maybe John Henson could do commentary with them.

I wonder how funny it would be if Statler and Waldorf did audio commentary on any of the DVDs.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Although most of the features have been locked-in and announced (look here: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/08/early-muppet-special-edition-specs.html), there are some other small things I think would be nice to have included - however at this point I don't know how likely that will be.

- "The Muppets Go Hollywood" TV-special made to promote The Muppet Movie's premiere and stars. This would be a great feature on TMM DVD.

- The James Frawley Camera Tests from TMM (these were on the last DVD release and are great), I hope these hilarious field tests don't get over looked by producers of this DVD.

- Theatrical trailers. It's always nice when trailers for the films are added to the DVDs. I'm sure that the original TMM, TGMC, TMCC, and MTI trailers are available.

- Sing-Along features. These movies all have great music and songs, it would be nice to include a way to play just the songs (with lyrics on screen). A lot of DisneyDVDs have this (and Muppet Treasure Island will), so why not all 4 films here.

-WIDESCREEN PRESENTATION!!! I hope and pray that these four DVDs feature the film in WIDESCREEN. At this point Disney has not stated for sure which way they will go (hopefully we'll know soon). I hope they do not decide to format the film to "fit my TV". Give us Widesceen, Disney (I think we can handle it)!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just want widescreen, for the most part.

Trailers would be fun, I like watching them.

I'd like MTI to have the hidden treasure commentary from the previous fullscreen release.

And TMM to have that "Muppets go Hollywood" special that GelflingWaldo mentioned, I've read alot about it and never seen it, that would be a GREAT special feature.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
I would to see:
  • never before seen footage for "TMM" and "TGMC"
  • original trailers - All 4 films
  • deleted scenes - All 4 films
  • new cast & crew interviews "TMM" and "TGMC"

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I would like to see:
never before seen footage for "TMM" and "TGMC"
original trailers - All 4 films
deleted scenes - All 4 films
new cast & crew interviews "TMM" and "TGMC"
"Muppets Go Hollywood" TV Special on "TMM"
"Muppets Go To The Movies" TV Special on "TGMC"

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would like to see commentaries on all four disc. Even news ones on the MTI and MCC. I would like to see the performers and puppets do the commentaries too. And all those others that they mentioned too.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
I would to see:
  • never before seen footage for "TMM" and "TGMC"
  • original trailers - All 4 films
  • deleted scenes - All 4 films
  • new cast & crew interviews "TMM" and "TGMC"
I agree, especially commentary, I'd say one from performers/writers/etc, and one with the characters themselves, like in MFS, but I might buy the movies for the behind the scenes stuff.