What does this "word" mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, out of the clear blue yesterday, I got a really nasty hateful e-mail (possibly the same un-registered person FurryRedMonster reported posting hateful comments at KGZ), saying that I was a retarded hypocrite who was "l33t". So uh, what does "l33t" mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
G-MAN said:
whoever the jerk is.
Well, his attitude, and his language (cursing), I'm betting he's the same troll FurryRed told me about who somehow managed to post at KGZ as a guest, and said some very nasty and vulgar things about Kathy. That's just my hunch.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...Well, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, because I don't completely understand it myself. But basically, 1337=l33t=leet, which is some weird internet way of writing. Or something like that, at least. Anyway, I checked with a friend of mine, and to call someone 1337 (or l33t) usually means you're saying that they're cool, but in this case, the person is probably saying that you spend too much time on line, you're dorky, etc. So basically, this jerk is insulting you. And just for the record, I don't agree with this jerk.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
the person is probably saying that you spend too much time on line, you're dorky, etc.
No, he was talking about how I'm wasting my time by disabling the right-click function on my site, and that I'm the one who stole the images. Like I said, I'm pretty sure this is same troll FurryRed found.

F

furryredmonster

Yes, that person did say some very nasty things... I didn't really even read through it all lol. I've seen that before... I have no clue what it could mean though... and I pretty much know all the internet chat words like that...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
WEll, DS, for people like me who use browsers with tabs, it is frustrating to have the right-click disabled, because I like to open all the pages in tabs so they're all open at once, but only in one window. Also, you can just view the source code of the site from (I bellieve it's the) View menu at the top of your page. So this troll isn't completely wrong in saying it's useless. If they want your pictures, they will find a way; disabling the right-click won't stop them.

However, he is what he is: a TROLL and you should ignore him. He may not be completely wrong in what he is saying, however HOW he said it was obviously terrible and really very rude, and you should ignore him completely.

As for what 1337 means, Toga hit the nail on the head on that one.

**hugs DS**

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
WEll, DS, for people like me who use browsers with tabs, it is frustrating to have the right-click disabled, because I like to open all the pages in tabs so they're all open at once, but only in one window. Also, you can just view the source code of the site from (I bellieve it's the) View menu at the top of your page. So this troll isn't completely wrong in saying it's useless. If they want your pictures, they will find a way; disabling the right-click won't stop them.
That's exactly what he said, and he had a Canadian e-mail address...MrsPepper was that you playing a prank?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No, it most definately was NOT me.
I'm not about to bash the guy. I mean, everyone has their own opinion, and he's not exactly wrong. However I am NOT defending this guy (he insulted you!!!) and I wouldn't play a trick like that. Not a trick that's hurtful like that. Especially not on you, or about your site.

By the way, anyone can get a canadian email address, with a .ca at the end. Like, if you sign up for yahoo and put Canada as your country, you automatically get a .ca address. I found this out when I got my yahoo, and when I signed up saying I was english one time (as an experiment) and it ended with .co.uk .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
No, it most definately was NOT me.
I'm not about to bash the guy. I mean, everyone has their own opinion, and he's not exactly wrong. However I am NOT defending this guy (he insulted you!!!) and I wouldn't play a trick like that. Not a trick that's hurtful like that. Especially not on you, or about your site.

By the way, anyone can get a canadian email address, with a .ca at the end. Like, if you sign up for yahoo and put Canada as your country, you automatically get a .ca address. I found this out when I got my yahoo, and when I signed up saying I was english one time (as an experiment) and it ended with .co.uk .
Okay. Sorry MrsPepper, no hard feelings. Oh well.