What episodes have been on video?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to make a list of all episodes of muppet babies that have been released on video. hre is what i know of:

episodes released by McDonalds (well, i think mcdonalds distributed them, but I am not sure if that was the company):

The daily Muppet

The great Muppet babies cartoon Show

Gonzos Muppet babies video show/ I want my muppet TV

videos released by jim henson Video:

let's build (featuring 6-8 weeks and another episode)

let's pretend (featuring Muppet babies: The next generation and beauty and the Snoz)

Explore with us (featuring The new Adventures of kermo Polo and The transcotinental Choo-Choo)

be My Valentine (featuring My Muppet Valentine)

Yes, I Can Clean (featuring Good Clean Fun and another episode)

yes, i can help (not sure which episodes were included)

I know there was at least one other 'yes, I can..." video, but I forget the title. can anybody help with any missing information? I know that Nice To have Gnome You and Six flags Over The Nursery have been released on video.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There were also a few Avon released videos in which Kermit read old MB books, once with Robin, I believe. There were also the DVD/ Plush sets. I forget which DVD comes with which baby, though... I'm Sure Fozzie came with 7-1+panic (if I get the title correctly).

BTW: Let's Build's other episode is "Six Flags over My Nanny" (sometimes referred to as Six Flags over the Nursery)

jamminjake

Reaction score
Gonzo: Baby Gonzo's video show
Kermit: Daily Muppet
Miss Piggy: Hyperactivity Book
Fozzie: Eight take away one equals panic

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was also a DVD for the unreleased Rowlf and Animal ones. I forget those episode pairings as well, but since they never were released, it doesn't really matter!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
There were also a few Avon released videos in which Kermit read old MB books, once with Robin, I believe.
First of all, let me say that i didn't realize that this thread has been updated recently. Second of all, I know about those videos. They were called "Muppet babies Video Storybook". They were released by a company called "Kids Klassics". I have only seen one of them, in which kermit reads the stories of "Gonzo Saves London Bridge", "If I Were Just Like Kermit", and "Animal, Go Bye Bye". The cover of that video just has a picture of baby kermit, piggy (even though she didn't have a very big part in any of the stories), and fozzie, but I have seen some video covers that have a live action image of Kermit reading a book and even some that have kermit and Robin on the cover along with a picture of the muppet babies.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
sorry for resurrecting a "dead" thread, but i think it's about time that someone made a list of MB vids.

OK, I have a MB Storybook vid w/ Meet the Muppet Babies, Baby Piggy and the giant bubble, and What is a Gonzo.

About the McDonalds vids, I only got 3 before they went OOP (out of print) after the show ended, and I always wanted a complete McDonalds MB Video set. These were Daily Muppet, Great Muppet Cartoon Show, and Snow White and the Seven Muppets.

However, a big problem with these video re-releases that I've seen is this: NO bumpers or commercials. I always liked the bumpers and the classic commercials that were on in that day (and I had my dad tape a bunch back in the day, so I know). I always wanted to buy the rights to those classic 80s commercials, the CBS bumpers, and the happy, happy stuff like that and create a TV station devoted to all of the old CBS Saturday Morning cartoons, including MB. Now, with the dawn of IP- and Internet TV, I think it's even more possible now. What do I have to do? Are the famed CBS Saturday Morning bumpers easily accessible? Because if they are, I could create a Retro CBS Saturday Morning Internet TV station with the classic CBS Saturday Morning bumpers with the "coming next week", the "We now return to muppet babies", the "Muppet Babies will return in a moment", commercials, etc and not only have MB, but Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Garfield and Friends, and all the other CBS Saturday Morning shows and have them on continuous loop.

Does this sound at all good? I'd try it if it did. In fact, I'd get the original prints of the episodes, etc. at a bargain from the rightsholders, digitize it, and save it for posterity.

BJ

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Suprisingly, those are the same 3 McD's vids that I have too at my house. XD

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I have seen that Kids Klassics video as well. I think the one I saw had the real Muppet version of Kermit on the cover (a live action one, if you will:smile: ) reading the book. Robin may have been on there too- I don't remember. Anyway, I think I saw the same one Minor Muppetz mentioned.

And as far as Muppet Babies goes, the major releases I know of are the ones already mentioned. The McDonald's videos (which a lot of libraries seem to have), the "Yes, I Can" series from Jim Henson videos, the Kids Klassics videos (though really these are just Muppet Babies storybooks and not actual episodes- but there is also live action Kermit footage, so that's cool), and the DVDs included with the Muppet Babies stuffed animals that were released.

Hopefully, we'll soon see a Season DVD release to add to this list.

Of course, this list doesn't include the McDonalds' videos, but here's what's listed on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...index=vhs&field-keywords=Muppet Babies&page=1

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
the Kids Klassics videos (though really these are just Muppet Babies storybooks and not actual episodes- but there is also live action Kermit footage, so that's cool)
I wonder if Disney owns the full distribution rights to the kids klassics videos or if Kids Klassics still has the video rights (is Kids Klassics even in buisness anymore)? If Disney owns the rights, then maybe if Disney releases season sets 9or even single-disc releases) they can include these (and the introductions from the "Yes, I Can..." series) as bonus features.