What episodes scared you as a kid?

Snuffylover

Reaction score
I figured i'd make this thread here since there is a similar one on the sesame street board. I'm just wondering which Fraggle Rock episodes seemed scary to you? For me it was The River of Life, I was horrified when the Fraggle drank the poison water and I remember thinking they were all gonna die. And Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water. I was about 4 years old when I first saw that one, and was terrified when I saw Gobo on the ledge of the bottomless pit. So how about the rest of you? Any scary Fraggle Rock memories, that don't seem quite as bad now that your'e an adult?

Justoneperson

Reaction score
I can't think of any specific episodes, but I was afraid of Junior Gorg when I was a kid.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Only one episode ever scared me, even when I was a kid... "Red's Sea Monster" ...The Lily Creature monster really freaked me out everytime I saw it until I was about ten or eleven years old.

Shade601

Reaction score
aw, Junior's my favorite. he's truly the essence of innocence. he's a big adorable lovable lump and he's malleable and open minded, he represents the new generation, while his parents remained old fashioned, traditional, and closed minded, he always seemed to be ready to learn a new way. i like him better than everyone else..when he finally saw the world from the perspective of a fraggle it all became clear to him. i SOBBED when he hurled the crown during his coronation. lol

Justoneperson

Reaction score
aw, Junior's my favorite. he's truly the essence of innocence. he's a big adorable lovable lump and he's malleable and open minded, he represents the new generation, while his parents remained old fashioned, traditional, and closed minded, he always seemed to be ready to learn a new way. i like him better than everyone else..when he finally saw the world from the perspective of a fraggle it all became clear to him. i SOBBED when he hurled the crown during his coronation. lol
Yeah, I don't get it either. I was also afraid of this Disney logo when I was younger, so I guess I was just a weird kid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0gwpYYX3I

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I will have to say that there are definitely a few Fraggle Rock episodes that were a bit freaky- it's not a big deal when you're older, but Jim Henson definitely had a way of sneaking in a little bit of scariness in most of his Muppet productions- including Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street- and perhaps The Muppet Show to some degree too. But I think it was sort of the macabre approach that The Addams Family and The Munsters had- it was typically played off with comedy. And it usually had a deeper lesson to be learned through it- this is pretty easily particularly with a lot of the Ed Sullivan Show sketches. And some I think were just to be weird.:crazy::smile:

fixer79

Reaction score
I don't remember any specific episode, but the Gorg family scared me enormously.

I vividly remember having nightmares as a kid in which Pa Gorg was in our living room and I (being the size of a Fraggle) had to hide under our stereo cupboard. Suddenly I saw his big eyes peering under the cupboard and when he spotted me, he tried to claw under it to get me.

Strong stuff, those Fraggle episodes... :smile:

superboober

Reaction score
One that really got to me was Bored Stiff. Seeing our heroes comatized and blank, unable to say anything beyond, "BOOOOORRRING," (although Gobo yelling the "HEEELLLLLLLLPP!" trigger phrase into Mokey's face to test the bordeom juice's effectiveness and getting the aforementioned response for it does come off for me as unintentionally hilarious) was quite traumatizing at age 3, especially since at that age you had no way of knowing it could be reversed before it was revealed there was an antidote; this is something all would-be terrorists in the world should be made to look at before they decide to go about such business and see how people can be hurt. Similarly, seeing everyone frozen into Fragglecicles in The Bells of Fraggle Rock for not having rung their bells in time was also disturbing--indeed, in the pantheon of holiday specials, only Frosty's melting was more horrifying for me--and again at a young age, you're not sure if it can be reversed, having heard earlier the Rock would freeze for good if this were to happen.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I'd say Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe. Yeah, sounds like a pathetic answered compared to other's opinions, but I always liked the Trash Heap, and I genuinely thought she was going to die freezing to death. Funny because I'm not a huge fan of the cold, and I think this episode is what did it.

Revisiting the series as a teenager, I saw some other things that'd put this episode to shame, have I seen them in my younger days (Boober and the Glob, thanks to the titular blob being a Doozer eating machine.) Though to be fair, it seems like a nod to The Blob, but that's another topic entirely.

Fraggline

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it either. I was also afraid of this Disney logo when I was younger, so I guess I was just a weird kid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0gwpYYX3I
First of all, I was terrified of certain logos (a Sears one in particular---completely drove me away from watching an entire TV show just because Sears sponsored it), so naaah, you aren't a weirdo!

And second of all, I'm Just One Person on another website! Hey! We're name buddies!