1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

What ever happened to that Sesame spinoff?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Froggy Fool, May 16, 2018.

1. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

IIRC, when the HBO deal happened, in their agreement it stated that there was to be a Sesame Street spinoff made, with the goal of getting released in 2018. Whatever happened to this? Or was the spinoff the Sesame Studios YT channel?? :confused:

2. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Well-Known Member

Are you thinking of "Play With Me, Sesame?" I think that should be on HBO. I miss the show when it won PBS Kids Sprout.

3. Froggy Fool

No, Play With Me, Sesame was before the HBO deal. I'm talking about a new spinoff show that HBO included in their deal.

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I don't know. I asked someone about it last summer and it didn't seem like a formal idea was in place yet.

With their new show coming up soon ("Esmae and Roy"), I think they're gonna concentrate on that before moving forward with a new Sesame production.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Meh. That show was only worth watching for classic clips.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And even then, they got so danged repetitive! I think "It's Zydaco!" and "Shake Your Rattle and Roll" ended up becoming a source of psychological torment for a lot of us watching. :p

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Zydeco just got annoying after awhile....

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, at least you didn't live in the age when Sesame Street recycled sketches within the same episode.

9. D'Snowth

That's true.

However, I did live in an age where "Do De Rubber Duck" was literally a once-a-season thing, and warranted a copyright disclaimer about Kermit the Frog during the end credits.

10. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I agree. When I got Netflix, I skimmed through each episode and if there was a classic clip worth watching...the rest is history! (Note: this was back when PWMS and SS were still on Netflix before the HBO deal)

I remember those days. On a similar note, there were 2 occasions when a Kermit clip was used for the "My Favorite Sesame Street Memory/Moment" segments during Season 35, and even then they warranted a copyright disclaimer about him at the end of the credits!

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  11. D'Snowth

Speaking of which, we now have a looksie at what this new show is:

[​IMG]

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  12. Froggy Fool

Wait, so is that gonna be an animated show or one utilizing digital puppetry ala Sid the Science Kid?

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No, 2D.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  14. Muzzarino

Muzzarino Well-Known Member

It's animated, but in digital 2D art.

15. Froggy Fool

Yes, I got that.