What gives?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Why do you have to wait 180 seconds after you posted your last message to post another one?! That really makes me mad! I don't have time to wait, I have to go to work (at a job I absolutely can't stand) and I have a class!! If I want to post on this board I should be able too!!! I wish somebody would do something about this situation! Sorry, I'm bitter. I just really needed to vent.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
It all has to do with the amount of bandwidth the site uses. Its the same reason we can't send Private Messages or post images. It used to be 120 seconds though. I think 180 is a bit much, and anything higher would be borderline ridiculous.

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Although it does help to a minor extent, it's not so much bandwidth or server load - it also helps deter spammers who could come in and just post loads of spam or abusive messages one after the other. It's pretty off-putting for them to have to wait 180 seconds between each post, wheras someone posting something legitimate would commonly (not always) spend more than 180 seconds reading the next post up before replying to it.

Gonzo

Reaction score
It irritates me sometimes too, but when I consider that most of my replies are just "yup," and that anything worth saying generally takes a few minutes to hammer out, I just take a deep breath and am glad I'm alive. Or something.

And other times I get really ticked off.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks, guys. It's good that I'm not the only one who gets mad about this. I've also been posting at "Termite Terrace Trading Post." They used to only allow 60 seconds between posts.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
It irritates me sometimes too, but when I consider that most of my replies are just "yup," and that anything worth saying generally takes a few minutes to hammer out, I just take a deep breath and am glad I'm alive. Or something.

And other times I get really ticked off.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn
Yup.

:big_grin:

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL...thanks By, I think he was about to start throwing rocks at me and telling me to get off his lawn. :big_grin:

-Matt