What happen to the missing Muppets?

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
Can some one tell me what happen to the following Muppets and their Performers?
Nigel
Hilda
Mildred
George the Janitor
Uncle Deadley
Annie Sue
Bean Bunny
Zelda Rose
Wayne & Wanda
Lips
Bobby Benson & Baby Band
Gladys
and the talking house
well I know some these Muppets were in the 1st season of the Muppet Show what happen to them why weren't they in the 2nd season of TMS?
I miss these Muppets!
They were GREAT CHARACTER and WELL MISS!

Salmoto

Reaction score
I'll try to do my best with the muppets I know, and being a less-oriented fan

Nigel - Was performed by Jim Henson. He grew a moustache and conducted the pit orchestra for the first few seasons of "The Muppet Show."

Mildred - Performed by Frank Oz, Vanished after the first season. Why do they need a wardrobe lady anyway if Fozzie's gonna just keep going on with the same old tie?

George the Janitor - Performed by Frank Oz. Dissapeared around the 3rd season, possibly fired and replaced with Beauregard.

Bean Bunny - Performed by Steve Whitmire, he still seems to be around, but has been pushed into the background.

Zelda Rose - I only saw her in some 2nd season episodes, so I don't know if she went on or not. One thing we know about her from a scene cut out of the US version of "Muppets Tonight," is that she's Dr. Van Neuter's mother.

Wayne & Wanda - Performed by Richard Hunt and Eren Ozker, they were fired from the show possibly out of Kermit being upset that Sam Eagle underminded his authority putting them on. They made a breif appearence in the 5th season but were soon taken out of the loop again by Kermit.

Lips - Performed by Steve Whitmire, Lips was one of the characters Steve did when he just startd, and he had a hard time giving him a personality. Lips Rode out the last few seasons of TMS and appeared in two Muppet movies before being dropped alltogether.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Mildred was done by Richard Hunt. I saw it on the Kermitage.com.
The baby band sometimes appears.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Nigel- performed by Jim Henson in the Sex and Violence pilot and in the second episode of TMS, performed by John Lovelady in the Kaye Ballard episode. On TMS he was the orchestra conductor, but not with a mustache. He was also a background chorus member in various episodes, particularly in the first and second season.

Hilda- Eren Ozker left the show after the first season; she returned to U.S. to get married. The character of Hilda was summarily dropped. Sadly, Eren Ozker died in 1993 of AIDS.

Mildred- when Piggy became Oz's central character, I think they pushed George and Mildred to the back.

George the Janitor- didn't do much after that first season. He appeared seated in the audience with his fellow cast members to watch Steve Martin perform during the auditions, he played one of the hunters in the "For What It's Worth" number on the Bob Hope episode, he appeared at the end of Peter Sellers's closing number, "Cigarettes and Whiskey", and in At the Dance on the Petula Clark episode. The puppet popped up in the beginning of The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Uncle Deadly- not used on TMS after the two melodrama sketches in season three (Gilda Radner and Jean Stapleton episodes.) I heard he appeared on The Tonight Show when Kermit hosted and Vincent Price was a guest. There's a TV show in development called "Uncle Deadly's House of Weirdness", which indicates they're trying to bring the character back after all these years.

Annie Sue- didn't appear after the series; Louise Gold, her performer, is no longer with the Muppets

Zelda Rose- nobody knows the name of the performer who played her in the Milton Berle episode- they were auditioning female puppeteers at the time, one on the Zero Mostel episode, one on the Milton Berle episode, and Louise Gold in the Rich Little episode (Gold was hired). The puppet was still used on the show (most prominently in the Carol Burnett episode) and the puppet is apparently still used today.

Wayne & Wanda- Wanda, or a variation of her, in a silver wig, appeared variously throughout the second season (Steve Martin and Julie Andrews eps., maybe more). Wayne appeared in some third season episodes: the melodrama sketches in the Gilda Radner and Jean Stapleton episodes, the wedding sketch in the Marisa Berenson episode, an ill-fated solo, "Catch a Falling Star", in the James Coco episode, plus a brief appearance in the UK Spot of the Danny Kaye episode, "Jogging", and he performed the UK Spot of the Spike Milligan episode, "Dog Walk". In the Linda Lavin episode, as part of a salute to Kermit on his birthday, Wayne & Wanda visited the show, remarking how Kermit fired them and manipulating him (with guilt) into hiring them back. Kermit couldn't even remember why he fired them, but once they start singing- off-key- he remembers why and fires them again. That was the last time they appeared, unless you count the season 2-5 opening credits where you can see them in the top right corner of your TV screen just before we cut to Gonzo in the 'O'.

The Houses- with the change in format- fewer, longer acts instead of a greater number of shorter acts, "The Houses" (or "Neighborhood Gossip" as I like to call it) was a sketch that didn't make it into Season Two.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Well, if you've got good eyes you can see Uncle Deadly and Lips along with just about everyone else during the wedding scene in Muppets Take Manhattan.

Funny enough, Annie Sue appears in one shot during the Happiness Hotel number in The Great Muppet Caper. I think that's here only appearance outside the Muppet Show itself.

I'm more concerned about characeters with larger roles who have all but dissapeared these days. Characters like Boureguard and Pops, who deserve alot more recognition than they've gotten lately.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
George the Janitor had a semi-big role in the Muppet Valentine Special. He showed that you can love anything, being that he loved his mop. I thought that was pretty nice.

-Matt

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthGonzo

Funny enough, Annie Sue appears in one shot during the Happiness Hotel number in The Great Muppet Caper. I think that's here only appearance outside the Muppet Show itself.
Annie Sue appeared in A 30 Years Celebration too. She doesn't look like her TMS self though - she looked a bit more mature and got a haircut.

Grown-up Annie also performed at Jim's memorial service. Louise Gold performed her, singing "Just One Person" with the rest of the Muppeteers performing their lead characters (Dave/Gonzo, Frank/Fozzie, Kevin/Elmo, Jerry/Gobo etc). There's a clip of this in the NBC People's Profiles special devoted to Jim.

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap

Uncle Deadly- not used on TMS after the two melodrama sketches in season three (Gilda Radner and Jean Stapleton episodes.) I heard he appeared on The Tonight Show when Kermit hosted and Vincent Price was a guest. There's a TV show in development called "Uncle Deadly's House of Weirdness", which indicates they're trying to bring the character back after all these years.
WHAT??? Are you serious? I hadn't heard this yet! Where did you hear the info? I'd love to see it!