What happened to Guy Smiley?

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
i really hope that don't revoice Mr. Smiley.
golly, that would too painful. he's the best!
if they want to have him pop up sometimes in the background without speaking...or just leave him in the past.
hey! I know...how about 'the best of Guy Smiley' DVD?
that would be a lovely tribute to the late, great game show host.
:smile: that sure would be swell!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
Hey! I know...how about 'the best of Guy Smiley' DVD?
that would be a lovely tribute to the late, great game show host.
:smile: that sure would be swell!
A lovely idea, but Sesame Street merchandise for adults is almost unheard of... even news of the SS action figures is coming with the disclaimer that they have to be kid-friendly too.

How we all wish that "Children's" books, TV shows would release merchandise that shows it is concious of its pop culture status and is tailored for its adult fans... maybe these days when maufacturers are racing to immortalise anything and everything as an action figure will be a step in the right direction

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
o and btw, if u download the video for "dee dee dee" on winmx, u can see a few seconds of sonny friendly at the end.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, a Sonny Friendly look-alike muppet appeared in Season 31, but I believe the last time the real one was used was Season 29.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would bet Sonny Friendly or Guy would have been alright to use in recent years... or until last year... remember when TV game shows were all the rage, and we had 10000000 who wants to be a millionaire ripoffs?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
yep. now they should have a parody of Real TV or Fear Factor or something. or heres what would really be funny...a parody of Insomniac with Dave Attell...nononono.....they should have dave VISIT sesame street (of coarse he wouldnt be drinking booze or smoking cigarettes like he usually does :smile: )

ssetta

Reaction score
They just don't want parodies anymore. They want the show to be very simple, for younger kids. It's not a crossover show, like it used to be anymore.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i know..that makes me SICK! its sicker than the time i ***train rolls by and drowns my speaking out*** and then my friend took a picture of it and i had to go to the doctor!!!!!!