1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What happened to Kevin Clash?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by bobhopesite, Oct 5, 2004.

1. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

A member said.............

Kevin Clash is not performing due to conflicts with his Sesame Street taping schedule. Kevin's characters will likely be looped in post-production with his voice of the character.

So will Kevin Clash still perform Elmo? :confused:

I love his Elmo voice.
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think that is obvious. If he will not tape the Oz movie because he has to do Sesame Street, it's obvious he will be doing his Sesame Street characters. What did you think it meant?
  3. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Can someone make this a sticky.
  4. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

why make it a sticky, its not like some major event,

he isnt doing the oz movie because he has to do sesame and he'll loop his charaters later, whats the confusion?

this happenes in productions all the time, sometimes thier are scheduleing conflicts, its not like he has all his puppets in his house or something, he comes in does his bit and leaves , the puppets are on set if they need someone to fill in for him they do it, :attitude:
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

We dont need him anyway. I think we should just go ahead and leave him to SS. He is doing so much there any way. I really wish Carol Spinny would try to do the voice of Robin for Jerry Nelson. I think Big Bird kind of sounds like Robin in some ways.
  6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

So replace one old retired man with another old about to retire man? That's not the best plan I've ever heard.

Anyhoo, we do need Kevin, He does Sam and he's rather good at doing background stuff like rats. Plus Clifford isn't half bad when used right. One day I'd like to see all the EM band members together including Lips and Clifford.
  7. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

I think Eric does a very good Sam...maybe even better than Kevin. :attitude:
  8. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

i agree totally, hes pretty much locked down all of Franks old characters.
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

When have you heard Eric's Sam?
  10. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

beacuse i have worked with him , he hasnt done it in any specials , but i have heard him do it
  11. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

awww, no fair. I wanna hear too!
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. It seems like Elmo is Kevin's trademark character. How often does he do Muppet Show Muppets anyway? Clifford isn't seen too much anymore and most of his other characters are background characters. I mean, I'm not trying to bash the guy in anyway. He's a very talented performer and all, but it seems that lately he's been too busy with Sesame Street to bother with anything else.
  13. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

It's kind of like how Carroll Spinney was busy doing Big Bird and Oscar to do anything else for Henson. I guess it's now the same for Kevin.
  14. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

The problem is they seem to tape at the same time.
  15. The Frog Prince

The Frog Prince New Member

I love Kevin Clash! Although I think it was a huge mistake to have Clifford as the host of Muppets Tonight over Kermit, I think Clifford is an excellent addition to the core Muppet cast. If I'm not mistaken, I think Kevin has done Statler when Jerry Nelson was not available. Anyone know for sure...yay or nay? I love Elmo even though I think that Sesame Street relies on him too much. I like him when he is supported by Big Bird, Zoe, Grover, Telly, and so on. I would be very upset if Kevin spends less and less time with "Disney's Muppets" in favor of directing and performing in Sesame Street projects.

While I'm thinking about Kevin I'll throw this out there: I think that the core group of puppeteers for the Muppets (excluding SS characters played by the great Carroll and Fran) at the time of Jim's death was the "Dream Team" of puppeteers. You had the Muppet Show vets: Jim, Frank, Jerry, Dave, Richard, and then Steve. With Kevin added to the mix it was perfect. I only wish that we could have had the opportunity to see a Muppet special with Brian Henson, Bill Barretta, and Eric Jacobson performing main characters with Jim.
  16. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

I bet they would have wanted an opportunity to perform with him even more than we would like it! :)