1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What happened to the Furchester Hotel?

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Buff Beaker, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

What happened to the furchester hotel? Was it cancelled? If it was will sesame workshop create a new show for kids in the UK?

2. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

After the HBO/Sesame Workshop deal, I suppose they figured it'd be cheaper just to run the American Sesame Street on British TV again. Gonger, a character from Furchester, has recently become a regular on Sesame Street in the "Foodie Truck" segments.

3. Buff Beaker

Yeah its kinda sad the UK cant have their own special Sesame Street.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That article's from 2016. They must've considered the first season of 52 episodes two seasons of 26 episodes, thus considered the same with the second season.

I don't think we'll see any more of it. 52 episodes is a lot for a kids' series (even if they're only 11 minutes).

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

52 11 minute entries = 26 full half-hour episodes.

But even so, that's about half the amount of an average kids show since the early 90s. Most shows tend to last exactly 52 episodes, unless they're particularly successful, then they can go on for 65 or even 78.

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, these were produced for foreign markets, which do childrens programming much differently. I mean, even now, look at Cartoon Network and how they handle new episodes of Steven Universe or Teen Titans Go - they show new 11 minute episodes, not new 22 minute ones.

8. Buff Beaker

So yeah if the furchester hotel is cancelled, I hope sesame workshop comes up with a new UK sesame show.

9. Buff Beaker

Has the show come back yet?