What Happened To The Swinetreck Model???

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Just curious if there's anyone out there in the Muppet world that knows what happened to the two and a half foot model of the Swinetreck used in the Muppet Show. I know it's not the one hanging from the ceiling of the Muppet 3D ride down in Orlando, so what happened to the original?
:smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
It probably went the way of the dumpster like the rest of the TMS sets.

ToastCrumbs

Reaction score
Swinetreck Model

It hurts to think that you may be right Scarecroe. Most of that stuff did go into the dumpsters at the end of production, but there's always stories on how somethings were saved. For the longest time people had thought that the Muppet Show sign was gone forever. Well not true, there were two of them made for the show from what I've heard. There's the one Kermit starts the show off with and the one Gonzo pops out of at the end of the opening.

Well, like everthing else it did go into the dumpster, but it was saved and sent back to NY. I believe it hung in the Muppet townhouse workshop for a while and when the shop moved in the early eighties it went over to the new building. Well that's where it hung for something like twenty years until the shop was closed and sent back to the townhouse again. I happened to ask what was going to happen to it, and I was asked if I wanted it. After clearance was given for me to have it and it was just about to go into my car, someone thought about asking archives about it. Well, archives wasn't aware it still exisited and said that they should probably hold onto it. So that's where it went. I had great plans of restoring it because it had a little bit of wear and tear, but I'm happy it still has a great home.

So back to the famous Swinetreck model. Could it still be around? I suppose it's possible. So if anyone out there knows where or what happened to it let me know. I'm just curiuous in knowing what materials were used in making it, basicaly how and what went into it. Maybe someone knows a person who worked in the prop department over in England at the time.

Oh, and by the way great website Scarecroe.
:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm not sure even Henson are actually really aware of whats around and whats not in some places because the studio people might have held onto stuff too. I had heard that the orginal Theatre sets were still over at Borhamwood in storage but not sure if thats true now or they were dumped. Certainly Statler & Waldorf's box is still up in the studio. I guess the Henson UK guys will have a fair idea of where things could have ended up stored, they had a sound stage and office at Elstree for the Hoobs last year, not sure if they still do.