What have you found at Goodwill?

Smig

Reaction score
Today I went to seven yard sales, one held in a church basement, another in a liquor store parking lot, and yet another in our local college gym. (The others were held in regular yards)
I scored an old Parker Brothers (1977) MUPPET SHOW board game, complete and in FANTASTIC condition (no rips, no tears, just a few creases in the box bottom) for a buck!

Smig

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

I'll try the one in Davis Friday...
Don't bother, the one in Davis Square mostly has clothes and stuff. The only muppet thing I ever saw there was the story telling big bird. But you might want to check out the old used book store across the street, I've gotten a few muppet books there.

Dan

Smig

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
Don't bother, the one in Davis Square mostly has clothes and stuff. The only muppet thing I ever saw there was the story telling big bird. But you might want to check out the old used book store across the street, I've gotten a few muppet books there.

Dan

Was the basement part of the store open the day you went? There's usually a lot more stuff down there...You have to check it out at least every two weeks..

Smig

Thog

Reaction score
I didn't know they had a basment....guess I'll have to go tomorrow since I have nothing to do.

Dan

Smig

Reaction score
The basement isn't open every day.. i know it's open at least friday and saturday.. I'm not too sure about sunday..

Smig

Thog

Reaction score
Are there any other good places around the Boston area? I have a free day tomorrow and want to go exploring second hand stores.

Smig

Reaction score
There's a ouple thrift stores in Allston Square, take the green line
Train "B" to the stop at the fork just past the star market/ shaws
after the end of the Boston University area. The first shop should be right across from where the train stops, the second, you have to go up straight a few blocks around the corner where the train turned left.(That one is named amvents, I think)

Smig

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had much better luck Friday! I went to the Davis one after class, and the basement was open, so I found

Three different Ernie dols,

Several different Elmos,

One MIP country bear Happy meal toy (I still wouldn't get it!!!)

and an old Big Bird Little Goledn Book in good condition!

I walked out with an Opus the Penguin, however!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
new stuff i got yesterday:
Kermit slinky pet
telly beanbag
and two muppet babies books:
A Love Note For Baby Piggy
Good Knight Sir Kermit
The interesting thing is that the first of the 2 books was written by James Howe.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
I used to have luck at the GoodWill. Over the past few years I have been able to pick up a bunch of LP's - a Muppet Show 2, a couple copies of the Muppet Movie soundtrack, and a bunch of great Sesame Street records.

I also find it a great place to find all the old McDonald's toys from long ago.

But my best find has to be the Kermit's Guide to Windows book. I found it last year, so it is kind of outdated. Kermit and the gang demonstrate how to use Windows 3.1 and how to make really "neat" picture using Paintbrush. Oh, the miracles of modern technology! (yes, I am quite sarcastic)

My favorite hunting ground is the *quote* antique markets *unquote*. You know the places that disguise junk as antiques? (Kind of like a real live Ebay, I suppose!) I find all sorts of great stuff there (way better than anything I've ever found at GoodWill), but of course, you pay more than a $1 for it!

Mark