1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What Henson stuff came on Odyssey?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by BoyRaisin2, Apr 18, 2003.

1. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

For those of you who had The Odyssey Channel, which for a brief while gave so much joy to Muppet fans, what were all the Henson things that came on there? It relaunched April 4, 1999, and my cable company dropped May 1, 1999, and it didn't come back 'til January 1, 2000. So I missed out a lot for eight months.

Obviously TMS and FR were on there, but what other specials and series came on there, even if it was briefly. Did Time Piece and SS 20 ever come on there? If you have info, let me know.
  2. Luke Active Member

Tomie DePaulo (or whatever it was called)
    Of Muppets and Men ? (think i remember that being on there)
  3. Ryan New Member

Donna's Day (had Sewdish Chef, and an special with Kermit, Beaker, and Rizzo, and Piggy's Butler)

Sex and Violence

Ghost of Faffner Hall

Muppet Babies

Fraggle Rock (both animated and puppet)

JHH 30 Min. Specials such as Dog City, Miss Piggy's Hollywood,
    Song Of The Cloud Forest,etc.

Specials such as: The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show, The Muppets: A Celebration Of 30 Years, The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson,and more
  4. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Any more specials?
  5. Phillip Administrator

All of the one-hour Muppet specials aired. From 1969's Hey Cinderella to 1990's Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. Originally, these specials were shown twice a week on Wednesday and Sunday nights, then Odyssey cut them back to once a week. By the end of 2000, the only specials they continued to air were Emmet Otter and Muppet Family Christmas during the holidays.

Odyssey's original Henson line-up is here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/1999/032599.shtml
  6. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

:rolleyes: All of 'em. Stupid cable company. Did "Time Piece" ever air on there? I remember those Muppet commercial things they do explaining Time Piece.

And "Hey Cinderella" aired in 1970. :)
  7. Comical_DrBob New Member

Was the Odyssey Channel a chanel that specifically showed Henson/Muppet related things because it sounds exactly like the Disney Channel here in Australia they've showed most of those shows & are currently showing Muppets tonight at 12AM on weekdays & the Muppet Show on weekends but unless you look you really wouldn't know that the Disney Channel had Henson/Muppet things apart from bear in the big blue house or a movie eg.Labyrinth.
    In Aus we have an Odyssey channel but its an Australian documentry channel so no muppet type thing would be on it.
    Bye
  8. BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Did The Ghost Of Faffner Hall really air on Hallmark or Odyssey ?

Also, Did anyone record the specials that aired ?
    Where they edited up, Or how they were originally aired ?

Thanks
  9. Phillip Administrator

No, Time Piece did not on Odyssey. As you mentioned, there was a 90 second behind-the-scenes promotional commercial about Time Piece. But the short never aired in it's entirety.
  10. Phillip Administrator

Re: Guys,

Did The Ghost Of Faffner Hall really air on Hallmark or Odyssey ?

Yes, all 13 episodes aired several times. It was on early Saturday mornings for nearly a year. Animated Fraggle Rock was also shown on Saturday mornings in 1999.

Also, Did anyone record the specials that aired ?
    Where they edited up, Or how they were originally aired ?

Typically about two minutes were edited from an hour-long special. The John Denver specials and Santa Claus Switch didn't re-air due to copyright reasons, but all of the others were shown on Odyssey, including the two Muppet Show pilots.
  11. Erine81981 Active Member

So how do you get the Odyssey Channel? I have statille. Is Hallmarkk channel the same thing. I would of love recording all that stuff.
  12. Phillip Administrator

Yes, Odyssey re-launched as the Hallmark Channel in August 2001.
  13. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Re: Re: Guys,

I'm sure the Disney World special didn't air, right?
  14. Phillip Administrator

That's right. It didn't air either on Hallmark. It was shown originally in May 1990, then re-aired a couple times on the Disney Channel in the early nineties.
  15. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That's the worst part, for me, of Disney not buying the Muppets. I'm NEVER gonna see that special again!!!
  16. Erine81981 Active Member

See I kwen about Odyssey showing muppet stuff at the time I didn't have statillie. And one thing I didn't have a job. And I wouldn't have been able to buy statillie. So that sucks really bad. I wish I knew some people that had some old Muppet show and speicals. I would tade anything just to see the second pilot for the muppet show. I saw the other one on Nick when they showed it. but never recorded it. I didn't know how to record yet knew about how to work one not record I use to record but didn't know or didn't have one at the time. but I use to record old cartoons. Oh I wanted to tell ya'll and I know it doesn't have to do with Odyssey but the other day I went with my mom to abilene
    to a card shop and saw all sorts of Sesame Street cards from the 80s thought that was pretty cool. I could of bought some but didn't. There were the big cards not real big but the ones that have puppet ones and some with cartoons ones. I wished I would have bought some. I'll try to one of these days.
  17. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

A few years ago the Hallmark Channel in Asia has been showing some Muppet/Henson stuff.

They had:
    *Mopatop's Shop
    *Construction Site
    *The Animal Show
    *Open Sesame(which is a half hour show that features sketches from Sesame Street)
    *The Wubbolous World of Dr. Seuss(both the first and second season)
    *Muppets Tonight
    *Sesame Street(episodes from Season 29)
    *SS specials-Big Bird in China, Don't Eat the Pictures(in which I missed :( ), and Big Bird in Japan

Then there was also this miniseries called "Arabian Nights", in which the Creature Shop was involved in. I'm pretty sure it's Henson because I remember seeing the "Jim Henson Television" logo at the end. Strange thing is, there was never a page for this show at Henson.com :smirk:

Right now, they have Play With Me Sesame and Sesame Street season 31 episodes.
  18. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Oh wait...let me clear up on one thing: it's the season 32 episodes that are showing over there right now, not the season 31 eps.
  19. McFraggle Active Member

That's looking more likely now. ;)
  20. bobhopesite Active Member

That is like so cool. :crazy: