1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What if Sesame Workshop and Barbie teamed up?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by mbmfrog, Nov 7, 2008.

1. mbmfrog Active Member

I mean it what if they created special 40th anniversary Barbie dolls centered around the adult character and seperated Barbie and "Insert Sesame Street Character" packages ?

I mean I can almost see Barbie as most of the adult Sesame Street women over the years, but I can find a problem when it comes to making a Barbie/ Oscar doll.

What do you all think of it ?
  2. Nick22 Active Member

that'd be pretty cool!
  3. frogboy4 Inactive Member

The idea of a Mr. Hooper Barbie is as intriguing as it is strange. I'm curious.

Honestly, I would like to see a Caroll Spinney figure with a Big Bird costume that could be snapped on. that could be interesting. :wisdom:
  4. Redsonga Active Member

Meh, I think that would be a bad idea :p. Even at twenty-five I still like to think of them as two different people , not just a muppet skin and an actor:(. That is as sad an idea to me as having a fraggle with a hole in its' booty and a human being doll along with it with a flexible arm attachment..No thank you :eek:! Toys are much better as pure imagination IMHO ^.^.
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Well it's an interesting idea, Barbie does stuff like that all the time.
  6. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I'm scared now :sympathy:
  7. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't see why not. After all, Fisher Price is owned by Mattel now, and Sesame Street is under their license.

I swore I saw a TMX Elmo Barbie (which was bsaically Barbie with an Elmo T-shirt and a TMX Elmo key Chain) before... I think they'd be able to do something else like that for the 40th anniversary.
  8. CoOKiE Member

Yea... they did make a TMX Elmo Barbie. Not sure, but i dont think it was a key chain. More like a stuffed plush for Barbie... but they made the plush the same size as the keychain version. So, you could be right, but i dont recall it being the keychain ver.

I thought this idea was silly till Frogboy came up with his Caroll/B. Bird idea. Good idea. It would almost be in scale to the muppet figures too. If sweetums wasn't cheated that is. So yea i'd invest in a Caroll IF he came with a B. Bird costume.
  9. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Hmm...Oscar meets Barbie...

You know how he always used to address Maria as "Skinny" - i can see him doing the same to Barbie only calling her "Anorexie"!

I could see a situation on SST where an adult overhears Oscar telling Irvine he bought her some new Barbie toys and getting excited - "OSCAR! Never in a million years would I ever have imagined a grouch playing with Barbie Dolls" Oscar: "No not Barbie Dolls - Barbie Wires! If you must know i just got Irvine the Barbie Nightmare Dumpster for her birthday!"

When i was a real little kid i used to think Barberella (which was pretty big at the time - i loved the name and how it sounded) was a "grown-ups" version of Barbie. (and in some ways that was actually quite accurate)
  10. Kiki Active Member

Didn't they make a Barbie doll with Elmo stuff during the release of the Tickel Me Elmo TMX? I have to admit, I was tempted to get one...
  11. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

My niece Tickle Me Elmo Barbie. She got it for Christmas a couple years ago. It had a little plush Elmo and and Elmo outfit. I thought it was cute, but I haven't actually seen that doll in a long time. Who knows what she did with it by now.
  12. bazooka_beak Active Member

Well, she's already done stuff for Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty, etc. I don't see why not for Sesame Street.