1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What if "Street Gang" became a mini-series?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by SSLFan, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I say mini-series because the book is so long and has so much rich history about the show to be crammed into like, 90 minutes of a motion picture. But think about it, wouldn't that be cool? I mean a film based on the enitire history of Sesame Street? Could it work?

:insatiable:
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think that's a great idea and the typical program PBS would be attracted to. And what Sesame Street deserves as an anniversary special, rather than just focusing on the newer stuff. ;)
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, i think that SS needs 2 kinds of specials... an indepth retrospective for the fans (and I just don't mean seeing the same old clips a million more times. Rare, behind the scenes stuff and how the show got sold and operated for that long), and a big story for kids and parents to enjoy. One on PBS, one on another ntwork or something like that... or maybe just one DTV.

I wanna see what makes the show work on an adult level, while still keeping the illusion of the show... and something not dominated by celebs saying "Oh, look! We were on Sesame Street once."
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! I would like to see a special or documentary type show that is based in the book! That would be amazing!
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Maybe there could be a Street Gang documentary, with Michael Davis as the announcer. Each show could focus on a different person invovled with Sesame Street.

This could make a goopd epsidoe guide for a 26-episode series:
    • 1. Jim Henson
    • 2. Joan Ganz Cooney
    • 3. Jon Stone
    • 4. Northern Calloway
    • 5. Caroll Spinney
    • 6. Frank Oz
    • 7. Matt Robinson
    • 8. Hal Miller
    • 9. Roscoe Orman
    • 10. Richard Hunt
    • 11. Kevin Clash