1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What if there was a Sesame Street 40th anniversary tribute album...

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by GSmiley2007, May 20, 2010.

1. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

...as sung by other Henson characters (i.e. Sid the Science Kid, Red Fraggle, the Disney Muppets)? What songs do you think they would sing?

Here's some ideas I had:

1.) "Sesame Street Theme" - performed by all of the Muppets
    2.) "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" - sung by the Pajanimals and Ernie
    3.) "It's Not Easy Bein' Green" - sung by Teacher Susie
    4.) "Imagine That" - sung by Gobo and Travelling Matt
    5.) "Rubber Duckie" - sung by Squacky
    6.) "I Get By With a Little Woof from My Friends" - sung by Apollo with the Electric Mayhem and Rowlf on piano
    7.) "Say Toothpaste, Somebody!" - sung by Sid, with his friends doing backing vocals, and Zoot on sax
    8.) "Between" - sung by the Dinosaur Train Conductor (with a pre-historic twist!)
    9.) "ABC-DEF-GHI" - sung by Wembley
    10.) "I Love Trash!" - sung (maybe Shatner style) by Annie Tyrannosaurus

What other songs can you think of?

BTW - I'm not sure if it belongs in "Fan Fiction and Fan Art" or one of the "Sesame Street" threads.
  2. That's an awesome idea! However, it's not Henson shows that I'm worried about. Sesame Street is a production of Sesame Workshop, not Henson. I think it would be freakin amazing if celebrities (maybe who watched Sesame growing up?) came together and sang songs like that!
  3. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

True, but I know the SS puppets were created by Henson and co., so it could still count somewhat. :)

Also thought of all the Henson-property characters singing "Sing" at the end... and even the Skrumps doing "Wet Paint" by How Now Brown and the Moo Wave.