what if there were more Gorgs?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On Fraggle Rock, there were only three Gorgs seen. Wouldn't it have been cool if more were seen, at least occassionally?

It would have probably been expensive to build full-body Gorgs who only appeared once, but I wonder, if more Gorgs appeared, if there would have been Gorgs who were regular hand puppets, instead of costumes, and were shown from the waiste up next to the Gorgs.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I personally find it more fascinating and interesting that there are only 3 in the universe. And it only enhances the silliness of all their royalty talk. :stick_out_tongue:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I've been thinking that the gorgs are one small part of a bigger kingdom or else they would die out after Junior assumed the throne.

I believe our gorgs are considered oddballs by the other gorgs and they are kept in an isolated location so they won't bother anyone.

Or all the gorgs in the kingdom are like the Ma, Pa, and Junior and each gorg thinks their home is the center of the universe.

Remember in the first season when Doc came itn othe workshop with a sack full of artifacts pulled from the bottom of a nearby bay? Inside the bag was a sign that said "La Gorga" or something like that. Then he put an old doozer helmet on his finger because he thought it was a ring.

Maybe the gorgs, fraggles, and doozers all lived in outerspace at one time, and moved to their current homes to escape from the changing and often violent ways of the silly creatures. But it was so long ago that no one remembers.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
The "La Gorgola" and Doozer ring were from season two ("A Friend in Need").

The fantasy world outside of Fraggle Rock is amazing and intriguing. I often wonder what's beyond the trees to the south, or the hills in the east and west. To me, taking it to heart that there are only three Gorgs in this whole fantasy universe just makes it all the funnier. But it inspires the imagination to wonder what other creatures are out there.

IMO, the Gorgs and Doozers have never been to our world. Besides, Henson says they exist in a fantasy universe that does not exist here, meaning, in my interpretation, since the beginning of their time. I think it's neat thinking that the Silly Creatures and Gorgs and Doozers have no idea of the others' existences, yet the Fraggles know of all of them, and then of course what Doc discovers in the finale.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Was that a whole doozer helmit? I thaught it was a Gorg wring made from a helmit, leading me to believe that the doozers and gorgs had som sort of either peaceful or violent relationship in the past.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah it was a Doozer helmet, but maybe it was some sort of ancient Doozer artifact...looking like a helmet, but not actually worn. Or maybe it was a helmet and somethin' weird just happened to it, who knows?

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Interesting question.....

I think there should have been room for at least one more female gorg for Junior Gorg. I really feel sorry for Junior a lot of the time.....its no wonder he chases fraggles! All he has are his parents....and his father isn't very understanding, especially in the episode when Pa Gorg sings the song about his son being dumb.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Well, if he found the peas of powers Junior could grow a wife. :wink:

I know, I know, it's just a silly Gorg legend (a child's fairy tale if you will)... but maybe with the Broccoli of Power... (oh, McMooch might have had something there :stick_out_tongue:).

superboober

Reaction score
My personal guess is that there are more Gorgs out there somewhere, but that they're so far spread out that it's been years since the ones we know made any contact with them. I think they're aware there may be others, given simply how often they speak of loyal subjects (although I personally doubt it was ever really a ruler-subject relationship, and that isolation has warped reality for our Gorgs to a degree into thinking that it was).

MrsWembly

Reaction score
BradFraggle said:
Well, if he found the peas of powers Junior could grow a wife. :wink:

I know, I know, it's just a silly Gorg legend (a child's fairy tale if you will)... but maybe with the Broccoli of Power... (oh, McMooch might have had something there :stick_out_tongue:).
Sounds like a good episode for fan fiction!