1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

what if there were more Gorgs?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by minor muppetz, Sep 18, 2006.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

On Fraggle Rock, there were only three Gorgs seen. Wouldn't it have been cool if more were seen, at least occassionally?

It would have probably been expensive to build full-body Gorgs who only appeared once, but I wonder, if more Gorgs appeared, if there would have been Gorgs who were regular hand puppets, instead of costumes, and were shown from the waiste up next to the Gorgs.

2. I personally find it more fascinating and interesting that there are only 3 in the universe. And it only enhances the silliness of all their royalty talk. :p

3. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I've been thinking that the gorgs are one small part of a bigger kingdom or else they would die out after Junior assumed the throne.

I believe our gorgs are considered oddballs by the other gorgs and they are kept in an isolated location so they won't bother anyone.

Or all the gorgs in the kingdom are like the Ma, Pa, and Junior and each gorg thinks their home is the center of the universe.

Remember in the first season when Doc came itn othe workshop with a sack full of artifacts pulled from the bottom of a nearby bay? Inside the bag was a sign that said "La Gorga" or something like that. Then he put an old doozer helmet on his finger because he thought it was a ring.

Maybe the gorgs, fraggles, and doozers all lived in outerspace at one time, and moved to their current homes to escape from the changing and often violent ways of the silly creatures. But it was so long ago that no one remembers.

4. The "La Gorgola" and Doozer ring were from season two ("A Friend in Need").

The fantasy world outside of Fraggle Rock is amazing and intriguing. I often wonder what's beyond the trees to the south, or the hills in the east and west. To me, taking it to heart that there are only three Gorgs in this whole fantasy universe just makes it all the funnier. But it inspires the imagination to wonder what other creatures are out there.

IMO, the Gorgs and Doozers have never been to our world. Besides, Henson says they exist in a fantasy universe that does not exist here, meaning, in my interpretation, since the beginning of their time. I think it's neat thinking that the Silly Creatures and Gorgs and Doozers have no idea of the others' existences, yet the Fraggles know of all of them, and then of course what Doc discovers in the finale.

5. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Was that a whole doozer helmit? I thaught it was a Gorg wring made from a helmit, leading me to believe that the doozers and gorgs had som sort of either peaceful or violent relationship in the past.

6. Yeah it was a Doozer helmet, but maybe it was some sort of ancient Doozer artifact...looking like a helmet, but not actually worn. Or maybe it was a helmet and somethin' weird just happened to it, who knows?

7. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Interesting question.....

I think there should have been room for at least one more female gorg for Junior Gorg. I really feel sorry for Junior a lot of the time.....its no wonder he chases fraggles! All he has are his parents....and his father isn't very understanding, especially in the episode when Pa Gorg sings the song about his son being dumb.

8. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

Well, if he found the peas of powers Junior could grow a wife. ;)

I know, I know, it's just a silly Gorg legend (a child's fairy tale if you will)... but maybe with the Broccoli of Power... (oh, McMooch might have had something there :p).

9. superboober

superboober Member

My personal guess is that there are more Gorgs out there somewhere, but that they're so far spread out that it's been years since the ones we know made any contact with them. I think they're aware there may be others, given simply how often they speak of loyal subjects (although I personally doubt it was ever really a ruler-subject relationship, and that isolation has warped reality for our Gorgs to a degree into thinking that it was).

10. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

Sounds like a good episode for fan fiction!

11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

More Gorgs would ruin the beauty of the show. Having 3 Gorgs whose only subject is their son is delightfully absurd. Add more gorgs and it's ruined.

12. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

I agree that there should only be 3 gorgs for the majority of the show...but I still think it would have been great for junior to get a female partner toward the end of the series.

13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Definitely, it is so sad to think of him being the last Gorg and all alone. But I suppose for now it was enough that he finally became friends with the Fraggles. I mean, before you have a girl/boy friend, you ought to have a friend. :)

14. What happens to the Fraggles' ecosystem if there are no Gorgs to grow radishes? Do the Fraggles eat other things and the Doozers find other building materials? (It has been known to happen upon occasion)

15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

There were a couple episodes were that nearly happened, but they always managed to fix the problem. So they've never had to think about what they could replace radishes with.

Of course, I always thought the Fraggles should learn to grow their own radishes! I mean we're supposed to be scared of the mean Gorgs, but I always end up thinking, "Of course they're mean, the Fraggles are stealing their food!"

16. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I remember when Junior declared there would be no more kings and threw the crown far away. Doc and Sprocket ended up finding the Gorg's crown at a campsite. So the Gorg's garden must be somewhere on Earth.

17. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

I always thought of the Gorg World and Fraggle World as different dimensions. :smirk: