1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What in the world is going on around here?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, May 5, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

We sure have been having a lot of downtime lately, and I know it's not just me, because I know for a fact others have been having the same problem - either we just get a "This page cannot be displayed" message, or MC just never loads in general.

Are there any problems on the server lately? I don't mean to sound like I'm whining or anything, but downtime has just been ever increasing lately, and I feel like I'm in the black.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I've had trouble loading the site for the past few days, but it fixes after few minutes or so.
  3. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

I'll say! It's down a lot around 1-4 PM when I come back for the day. It usually just ends up loading for 5 or 6 minutes than it displays one of those 'cannot be displayed' pages. :smirk:
  4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Everyone....be patient,OK? It's not the mods' fault. A lot of sites decide to act weird from time to time,and Muppet Central is no exception.
  5. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Never had a problem here.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm sorry, Kathy. But I can't help but wonder what it is? I'm not bitter, though.
  7. Davina

Davina Member

hrm.. odd, i've not had any problems like that at all lately with MC..
    (and being in Alaska, we seem to get lots of it..)
  8. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't here all day yesterday, but the past few times I was on here I did notice that it was kind of slow.
    And Kathy, yes, it does happen from time to time, but there can be different reasons for it, and sometimes there are things that can be done about it. No one is complaining; we're just curious!
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry,William.I agree...it can be a pain in the a....uh...ankles! Yeah...that's it!;)

Oh I know,Kate. No problem!:)
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

DOWN WITH DOWNTIME!:grouchy:
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

;) Yeah, what was up? The site and especially the forum have been really tweaky on my end. I defrag regularly, delete my cookies etc (I know those are common causes) but you guys are not alone in this weirdness of connection. I am getting it quite often too. It appears to be fixed for a while. There used to be posts about scheduled outages so that makes these recent developments odd to me. :confused:
  12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get on the site since 5 this afternoon and just now was able to get on at midnight! That was real frusterating!
  13. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

same here, i was all like "grr! no muppets!" but i'm glad i am back.
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea and on the eve that TMS 3 coming out I'm like shaking with exciment!
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I just came to this thread to say that I have also had problems getting the site to load in the past few days, and then I read this. I TOTALLY SPACED on the fact that TMS 3 is TOMORROW! Or technically, today. :o
  16. pattywack

pattywack New Member

Grrrr it's 4:40 pm here and this is the first time I've been able to come on today!
  17. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Yeah I've been having problems with the site allot as of late also.
    The past 2 days the site wouldn't even come up for me. :(
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Maybe it was being updated? In some way or rather? That's what I was hoping!
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

The server was down last night, these things happen now and again with most websites. Once whatever is causing this up/downtime is fixed it's usually all ok for the longterm.

Now which way for the complimentary Muffin basket? lol
  20. Does anybody else have the same problem where the links on the top flash animated menu don't work? I have to click the "discuss this in our forums" link for the TMS3 article to visit the forums on two different computers.