1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What in the world is going on around here?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, May 5, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's been happening again for the past few days.
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Type the wwws in before the web addy.
  3. D'Snowth

4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

For the main page, not the forum. Sometimes the home page links don't function unless the wwws are present.

The forum menu should be working. None of the Flash or formatting has changed for several years now. That didn't appear to be what Kevin was talking about last spring 2008.
  5. D'Snowth

Well, it's the forum I've been talking about; since I'm subscribed to MC's mailing list, I seldom visit the main site, but I visit the forum everyday.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Same here. I tend to surf straight to the forum, unless it's an occasion when I know the front menu will be fancied up. Many, many, MANY times a day.

(Burn the wigs!)
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

So the top links of the forum menu don't work? That's the first I've heard of it.

Sometimes the forum is slow and I submit a post and it takes forever or the forum goes offline for a while, but no menu problems ever for me on PC, Mac, Explorer, Firefox, Laptop or any other set up.
  8. D'Snowth

It's really acting up rather badly today - in addition to the constant "This page cannot be displayed" annoyance, sometimes my posts aren't going through, and I have to go back and post them again.

Then I got a new error message today...

9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmm. I get that sometimes too. It doesn't have to do with the Flash element. Either MC is going through some updates or something's overloading the server.

(I'm still convinced a server monster came and ate all of MC's ecards) :insatiable:
  10. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

It just happened w/me too. (And Jamie...LOL about :insatiable: eating the cards.Hey...he ate the Daytime Emmy for SS.So I wouldn't put it past him!)
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I've gotten that message on, literally, every thread I've clicked on today. I'm going insane. Whatever maintenance is going on needs to be fixed soon... :grouchy:
  12. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I even posted twice because I didn't realize my first post went through. Nuts. :rolleyes:
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble too Prawnie, glad it's not just me!
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been having a few small issues to. I'd assumed it was at my end...But maybe not?
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I have to reload every page I click, otherwise it stays blank. It's like nothing wants to load.

(also, haha, readmy comment on the first page from over a year ago... I still don't have TMS season 3!)
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah... Looks like the gremlins got loose again. Hope this problem gets fixed soon.
    :sympathy: Ooooh, never say "fixed" to a dog!
  17. D'Snowth

First thing this morning, I was taken straight to "This page cannot be displayed" TWICE...

I'm telling you, the problem is getting steadily worse with each passing day... I KNOW it's getting worse, as others are reporting the same problem.
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Things should be much better now and will improve as the day goes on. There is a backlog of e-mail going out on the server, so it may take a little time for forum notifications and such to catch up.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Phil. Things have been smoother as of the last... *Checks watch. *Can't tell how long it was. Oh well. :)
  20. D'Snowth

Well, that's good news!