1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

What is everyone using for arm rods today?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by CoOKiE, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:46 PM.

1. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Well-Known Member

Google popped up many threads that answered this, but they're old. Links to web sites that have shut down and filled with hard to find rods on amazon or Ebay.

Bought 3/16 and 1/8 welding rods, but though they're wobbling easily, these will not bend.

I found
    Blue Demon ER70S6 X 3/32 X 10LB Box Carbon Steel TIG rod On Amazon, but for $30, I feel like it's worth seeking advice.

This is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...d=3c0c68d04e3309b9c0dac40585c336c1&th=1&psc=1

2. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Tbh all I use are unfolded old coat hangers, and they work just fine for me. But yeah, I’m the future I want to use more durable materials, so I might look into the link you posted!

3. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Well-Known Member

Right. I used to use wooden sticks. Im trying to build more personality this time around.

4. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Well-Known Member

Well, I caved in and bought one. One of the reviewers said there may be over 100 rods... not sure I need that many, but that would justify why I paid $30.