What is inside Oscar's trashcan?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Hi guys.Have you noticed that they rarely show the inside of Oscar's trashcan?I mean,what's in it?

camillachick

Reaction score
I was watching in the 80's and early 90's and I can remember a few of the things we know to be in there. He has a pet elephant named Fluffy (they showed the trunk come out of the trash can lid once in a while), Slimey the worm, and Preposterous the dog. He has a swimming pool down there too- Fluffy once fell in and water shot out of the can. During the "Put Down the Ducky" special, Kermit tells Oscar to tune in the TV channel they are on to see all the ringing phones during the pledge break, so Oscar obviously has a television down there as well.

Splurge

Reaction score
The old swimming pool. The plug of that pool, circumference-wise (is that a term?) was as wide as the trash can.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
They did show the inside of Oscar's trash can in Elmo's Adventures In Grouchland.He had a Mona Lisa painting on the wall.As well as a wierd type of tunnel that spun you around and took you directly to Grouchland.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
On a very early episode (1969) where he bakes a birthday cake for his grouch friend Herbie, (I think), he goes down into the can to get it so he can show Susan, and says "It's down here on the piano."

eric