What is It?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is it about certain people that just make them real jerks by nature? Always thinking the world revolves around them, always thinking everything they do or say is right and everything and everyone else is wrong, never having a nice thing to say about anyone, always wanting to give people a hard time? A lot of people say it has to do with those people's childhoods: either they received little-to-no love from parents and/or other family members, or it's the way they were brought up; it brings to mind a quote that was said during The World According to Sesame Street: "children are not born haters, they are taught to hate".

In my honest opinion, the latter seems more logical to me: I think a lot of people are actually brought up to act like a be jerks.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I don't know about that. My brother wasn't taught to be a jerk, but he is. Not always. But he is.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's sinful human nature I'm afraid. We are all born with the tendency to do the wrong thing though not all of us choose to follow our sin to that extreme extent. Pride is one of the worst sins. That is what makes certain people think they are the number one important person and they live to please only themselves. God can change their attitudes and cleanse them from their sin through His Son Jesus Christ but unfortunately that pride gets in the way of repentance and submission to Christ. :frown:

Until such jerks choose to let go of their pride and let God make them new people they will never change. That is why there are such jerks who put others down in the world Snowthy. And until the world is restored to perfect paradise there will continue to be such foolish people and we should pity and pray for them even though some of them are indeed very difficult to put up with.

Be strong my special friend.:sympathy: :smile: