What is Stargate?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope that the Farscape folder is an appropiate one for this thread.

I know that many Farscape DVDs are availible in "stargate" editions, but what does "stargate" mean?

:confused:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Well Stargate is a TV show on the SciFi channel that's based off a movie with the same name.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
It would be strange if there was an eventual crossover, even merging of the series.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
starburst

well, I was at suncoast today and looked at one of the DVds. They are actually listed as "starburst editions", not "stargate". Does anybody know what Starburst edition means? i thought Starburst was a type of candy. :smile:

Kermie81

Reaction score
Starburst was when Moya travelled, I'd think it would compare to warp drive in Star Trek.

As for what a Starburst Edition is, I have no idea...not very helpful, am I? :smirk:

wombat woman

Reaction score
Starburst editions (as opposed to "Stargate") are re-releases of Farscape on DVD with even more extras. Thankfully, they are actually cheaper than the original releases. (Also thankfully, I only bought the first season in the original release, so I'm not out too much!)

I haven't purchased the Starburst editions yet, but from what I understand they include all the bonus features of the originals, plus some new stuff (commentaries, etc.). They're being released a third of a season at a time, and I think they're up to the second volume of season 2.

ta,
wombat