What is the World coming to?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well after 9/11 that's all Americans should have wanted, is an apology, but instead we just get told over and over that it's not all of the religion of Islam just exterminates. However things like this just go to show that there is more hate then love in that religion, and it's not just a small group of passionate believers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is more than a little redundant to constantly hear "Not everyone in a religion is bad." Yes, thanks, we do know that! Lol. That doesn't mean there isn't a serious problem. I remember there was this author who was saying the problem is that while there are some moderate Muslims, there aren't enough compared to other religions' moderate sects.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What's funny is that with Christianity it is the exact opposite. We have to many moderates who are trying to change the Christian faith.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What's funny is that with Christianity it is the exact opposite. We have to many moderates who are trying to change the Christian faith.

Well yes and no. I'm grateful we have moderates because extremists by their nature don't see the world clearly.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well yes and no. I'm grateful we have moderates because extremists by their nature don't see the world clearly.
That's true, and then you end up with churches like Westbound where they take the definitions of what sin is and point a hateful finger at a lost and dying world that needs to hear the love of the Gospel.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why we have separation of church and state in this country is so groups like Westboro don't gain any real power. I don't mean to go all patriotic, America isn't perfect, but there are some countries that might benefit from this example.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It is more than a little redundant to constantly hear "Not everyone in a religion is bad." Yes, thanks, we do know that! Lol. That doesn't mean there isn't a serious problem. I remember there was this author who was saying the problem is that while there are some moderate Muslims, there aren't enough compared to other religions' moderate sects.
Salman Rushdie. Some of his comments almost cost him his life.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We Americans have it so easy that stories like this shock some of us (Me). Even with all it's problems we still live in a country where you can believe in whatever you want and not be put to death because of it. I mean that is the founding blocks of what America is, and I'm thankful for that.
On the other hand stories like this break my heart, because since I myself have the freedom to believe however I want, I feel that everyone else around the world should to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The world seems like such a mean, horrible place a lot of the time... :frown:

It's a cycle. People are raised in a mean, horrible environment, and they become mean and horrible. We're very delicate as creatures when you think about it.