What is the Worst Muppet Merchandise Ever???

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a little poll, what do you think the worst Muppet Merchandise ever is, was, or am?

My opinion, it would be as follows:

Disneyworld Kermit Bean Bag (with classic, dying, screaming Kermit pose)

Fozzie Pillow (with classic, dying, screaming Fozzie pose)

Miss Piggy's Wedding video game, rightully not released. I downloaded the prototype, and it was dull and not so much fun to play as I would have liked.

Muppets in chaos at the carnival. I rented this game, and I laughed the entire time. Though it wasn't at anything intentional. Fozzie walking through a maze of Ice cream? What the heck is that?

Any more?

dlphntat

Reaction score
I was in Hot Topic the other night and was disturbed by kermit's face smiling at me from the front of a pair of panties.
Not what you normally want to see in that neighborhood.

SPECIAL ED

Reaction score
Yeah, is it just me, or is the sight of Miss Piggy hawking a Grand Slam breakfast with 2 kinds of pork products particularly awful

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed! The bacon thing and the ladies underthings are way outta line.

I also think that the Nanco line is bad, manily for two reasons:

The likenesses are off,
and they are only available to get when you have, like, a billion tickets or win one of the many rigged carnival games.

I once blew three something at a booth (a quarter a play) to win a Heathcliff doll, and didn't win once. Why the heck, can't they sell them to people and not the amusement park industry?

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
Hey! I'd want those Kermit panties!:stick_out_tongue: Hee-hee! I'd probably say that the worse Muppet merchandise I've seen recently would be these pathetic stuffed beanie baby type keychains with incredibly distorted faces. Piggy's is bald on top, and her nose is an entirely different color than the rest of her face, and alas, there is another 'dying'(perhaps by asphixiation,sp?) Kermit.
]:rolleyes:

crazy ernie

Reaction score
at a haircut place in my hometown, there is a very old cookie monster toy train that's eye paint is all gone

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hmmm...the worst Muppet merch...

To me, it has to be the new Electric Mayhem Tees at Hot Topic. The ones I'm refering to are the Animal one in which he looks like a psychopathic murderer rather than a lovably crazy Muppet, and the Electric Mayhem were the band (MINUS THE GOOD DOCTOR!!!) looks like they really want to be on an 80's metal CD cover. The coloring is weird, all a bit too dark for my tastes, and over all I think they are really just trying to hard to get these shirts to appeal to the gothic idiots.

I think even though the Kermit/V. Price shirt (to me) looked a bit cheap, they took a step in the right direction with it. In the Muppet*Vision Store in Disney World, they stock the iron-on glittery girly (girly intended anyway...I must confess, I have one I wear which is form fitting, but not in a bad way I don't think) Electric Mayhem ringers with the original band photo (as seen on the Muppet Show lunchbox). They go very, very quickly. I think that instead of trying to make TEM the next Metallica (Can You Picture That? :smile:), they need to keep them as they always were, an awesome and fun band, without any real darkness.

Sorry to anyone who I might have offended in my choice. Remember, I'm just Cantus Rock. Like what you want to like. Lose Your Heart and Its Found. :smile:

-Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
The 3-foot tall Namco "Crack-Ho" Piggy getting to second base with my wife's sister. THAT'S a disturbing Christmas Eve.

And a horribly made Muppet product.

But I did use it in the carpool lane once.

Heh-heh

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Joggy

Reaction score
Igel Oversized Statler and Waldorf dolls. Ugh. They're even uglier than the Disney beans.