What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, that was the first one. And it was a Japanese commercial that was animated in Brazil (!) It's not bad, but just... it looks wrong.

Personally, I loved the Triple Trouble commercial with the cows, but I can't find it. They even had a sharp hit at Kraft's Mac and Cheese commercials. Sharp... Cheese... ah say, ah say that's a joke, son!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Of course, that was the first one. And it was a Japanese commercial that was animated in Brazil (!) It's not bad, but just... it looks wrong.
Which is why I say...Poor poor Sonic. :frown:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
From the "creepy movie" thread...

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngreen522
okay, not a movie, but did anyone else see this creepy Axe Spray commercial with the chocolate man? ..... I was horrified!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCZ-6y2UEfM
---

Ugh! OOk! I just saw that on TV... that makes the Burger King King look as cute and non-threatening as Big Bird!

I just saw this, and I agree that it's creepy, but the part in the subway is just disturbing and downright wrong...What is wrong with people today? Geez... :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... Uh, I was watching Scrubs last night and I saw this commercial for Uncle Ben's instant rice....

Someone pops a bag of Uncle Bens in the Microwave, and it turns into a psychedelic Kaleidoscope of rice pouches, rice bowls' and the giant, God-like head of Uncle Ben. And it was made in such a way it looked like a paper cut out animation that was shot at a level of 7 frames a second, so it jittered...

Now, I don't know if it was that it was jittery, or seeing a giant disembodied head of Uncle Ben... but, while I'd normally consider this disturbing, I laughed my freaking head off for 10 minutes after I saw it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This one isn't exactly new, or recent, but I just remembered one commercial that disturbed me somewhat...

I forget when it was made, but it wasn't TOO many years ago, and it was for McCormick... anyway, it's Thanksgiving, and there's a family dinner for the holidays, and while at the dinner, this one guy kept eyeballing a girl at the dinner... while at the same time, she was eyeballing him as well.

Now, this is a family get-together and dinner... doesn't that seem a little... incestuous?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
not really, at least in my family gatherings there's often friends of relatives and such and people who aren't related to each other, but thats just me

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
In an attempt to get this thread up and going again:

Has anyone else seen the new CGI Vlasic Stork?

When I saw it I did two things, shriek in horror and avert my eyes. It's just THAT scary! :scary:

Talk about a disturbing commercial.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything like that.

But have you noticed that ALL commercials look the same now? They have such ugly people in them, and they have such ugly film filters that make everything look 20 years old. They always have the same people too... fat guy... fat guy with ugly beard, slightly thinner guy with ugly beard, weird little short foreign guy.... and where the heck is the Indian American anti-defamation league to talk about the Tech Talk commercials? Seems like they're going for cheap laughs or some sort of bad imitation of bad indie films or something.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've only seen it a couple of times, but I'm sure it's going to be getting shown more frequently as time progresses.