What is your "prized possession" that noone else gets?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
That topic of this thread is something that I started as a topic on the local radio morning show a couple weeks ago. They actually had me come in to the station about a week and a half ago to show them my "prized possession". It was so much fun! You can listen to me on my radio debut over at their podcast at http://www.971zht.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=morningzooshow.xml. It's from the July 23 show, Part 3 about 7 minutes in.

After you listen to it I think it would be fun to hear what you all have as "prized possessions"?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really do not have anything that I think of as prised. I can't help you there.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have a foil My Little Pony pinwheel I've had since before I can remember..I've always thought it was special because something like that does not normally last for other twenty years :smile:. Also, I have a cup and saucer left from the marble red plastic tea set I had when my grandma was alive that use to in turn be my ma's. It's sort of broken now but I still love it :smile:.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I think that's sweet, Redsonga, both of those items.

I realized that I didn't put what my "prized possession" is.

I am a HUGE fan of Bewitched and in that fan universe, the Holy Grail of all Bewitched memorabilia is the 1965 Ideal Samantha doll in the box. Well, I won one in June at a Bewitched convention playing a game! It's awesome. The box isn't original but it's an excellent recreation.

I'm surprised others don't have prized possessions that they wanted to share, even Muppety stuff they have.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think my prized possession would be the maqutete I made of one of my characters in my Character Design and Storyboarding For Animation class last year. While I have always loved to draw, to be able to sculpt something successfully for the first time was like seeing my first-born.

Anij

Reaction score
My prized possession is my oldest stuffed animal. It's a camel.
My mother gave it to me while I was in hospital at age of 3 to get my cleft palate fixed. It reminds me that there's nothing about me that I have to be ashamed of. After all: nobody's perfect.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I don't know, there are a lot of things that I treasure, but to pin it down to one thing is hard. So I will write about two things, both came from my grandmother. The first was the handmade rag doll my grandmother made for me. It came complete with a handsewn dress, bloomers, hat and shoes, and is really soft and cuddly. I named her Patty (after a character from one of my favorite books).

The other is this this patchwork cat that I got when I was five. I called it 'Patch Cat' (real original, I know, but I was five) and this was given to me by that same grandma, and it came from a thrift store. At the time she bought it, the cat had no eyes, the tail was loose and one of the ears was a thread shy of falling off. She paid a nickel for it and came back and sewed two red button eyes on it, and fixed the ear and tail and gave it to me. I don't think she could ever figure out why that thing was so special to me, but it did, maybe because I felt sorry for it. The funny thing is, whenever I would cuddle with it, the thing sounds like plastic being crunched, but for some reason, I am still, some 30 years later, hopelessly attached to that cat and will not part with it.

I have to add that my wedding band is also qute a treasure to me. My husband's name is engraved on the inside, as well as our official engagement date: December 24, 1994. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think it would have to be my pound puppy. I use him as a pillow sometimes since hes flat. I've had him since I was maybe 3 or 4? His name is Pound (wow...what a creative child I was). What really amazes me is how good of shape he is in. Hes been through so much and so many washings I'm suprised I've never needed to sew him. The paint on his eyes and nose is a bit worn, but other than that hes in perfect shape.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Mine would be the old school (though still distinctly Disney) Pooh cast that I still need to complete (and when little, Eeyore & Tigger were the first ones I got). So sue me for liking the franchise. XD Just as long as they don't make plushes of Buster or Darbie, 'tis all good for this fan. ^_^

On top of that, I have loads of other oddball nitnacks, like an original Teddy Ruxpin (that I hope still works, despite having been packed in a box for...like...eons), the entire set of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers comics before they were discontinued, a set of Titans comics (the recent 2003-2005 incarnation [with BB & Rae getting together in "Life or Death", #30 of The New Titans & "Peices of Me", #42 of TitansGO!], for sadly, the 80's generation comics--The New Teen Titans--have been out of print for years), et al.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There is someone who is the most importing thing, person and someone in my life who I love, treasure, and value more than anything on anybody else!:flirt: