1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What is Your Race and Religion?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jul 9, 2005.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's true of some Agnostics but for others they just feel there's no way either "side" can be proven right so the best thing is to remain neutral on the matter. They're not sure there's a God, but they won't say there definitely isn't.
  2. Race:White

Religion:Christian.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Race White
    Religion Christian (Baptist)
  4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Active Member

Race: German (mom's side) and Haitian (dad's side)

Religion: Catholic
  5. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Member

race : african american religon: christian , speaking of race did anyone else crack up when kermit shouted im amphibian american in mmw ?
  6. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

I am a white person who lives in the UK and my religion is mostly Presbyterian Church of Scotland with some agnostic beliefs.
  7. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

White and Southern Baptist
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

Race: White

Religion: I believe in God, but my family doesn't go to church although my mom did when she was a little girl, I'm not sure what to call that.
  9. dwayne1115

With something like that I would think that you would have to look and find out if going to church would be something that you would like to do on your own when you are older. Kind of work out your own beliefs as you get older.
  10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Race: Australian Caucasian (Irish-British descent)

Religion: Bhuddist (Only recently. Atheist prior to this)
  11. dwayne1115

Wow that is an interesting change of faith. Sounds like quite a journey.
    JimAndFrank likes this.
  12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

To sum it up, the story's about a depressed teenager, an eye-opening trip to Malaysia and a need for balance in ones life. Not gonna divulge further than that.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. dwayne1115

Very interesting, and thanks for shearing that!
    JimAndFrank likes this.
  14. WembleyWimp16

WembleyWimp16 Member

White with no religious standing. But I'm Portuguese, Italian, Irish and French.
  15. Eyeball

Eyeball Active Member

Race: white
    Religion: none/atheist
  16. dwayne1115

I have a question for the ones who say they have no religion Do you find it hard to hear about faith or religion ?
  17. Eyeball

Eyeball Active Member

It gets somewhat tedious when people bang on about it to me, but I'll show enough respect to the person and hear out their opinion. How do you feel about people who don't have religion?
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Most of the time, when I tell them that I'm Christian, they respect that that's just the way I roll even though it's not for them. And I'm not really bothered that they don't have a religion. That's just they way they roll. So it's usually all good for me.

However, I do encounter those really annoying atheist men who think they know better than everyone else and think it's ok to talk trash about every single religion on the planet because durr-hurr there's no God what do they know?

Having said that, I know a Christian man who like that too.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I definitely know what you mean, lol. I have no problem with atheism, but there are some people who think being an atheist automatically makes them brilliant. Sorry but just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you're Richard Dawkins, lol.

Yeah it's the same kind of thing. People who think they have it all figured out just because they identify as a religious person.
  20. dwayne1115

Well let me try and say this without offending anyone.......

I was a preacher in training in two very strict Independent baptist churches. Where they taught that people where not "saved" where going to spend eternity in a really bad place. Being a preacher in training i was taught that we where suppose to try and lead everyone to this salvation and out of the bad resting place. So throughout my teen hood I would think of people with no religion as folks who where going to die and go to H***. Now as I'm a adult and trying to shape my own beliefs, and not trying to save the world I don't know how I feel about people without religion.
    I can say that I have had more pain and suffering in my life with the people who have claimed to be religious then with people who have not.