1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What is your vhs holy grail list?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by beaker, Dec 3, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna beat around the bush with this one...here is my ultimat ewant list:

*The Muppet show Live Gala(december 2001)
    *The Muppet q&a portions of Muppetfest
    *The 12 episodes of Little Muppet Monsters
    *The unaired pilot of the animated Scary Scary Monsters
    *The uncut episode of the Cosby Show 'Cliff's Nightmare'
    *A complete 2d scan of Muppet Vision 3D(non fan recorded)
    *A compilation of every single Muppet commercial in the last year(LJS, Dennys, Mastercard, We Are Family, Virgin Airlines, etc)
    *Nightline with Kermit and Fozzie

that's all I can think of for now...if theres a JHC video archivist reading this, I have lots of rare celebrity potato chips to trade!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

What Beaker said, plus the Bernie the saint Bernard episode of Dog City

Dog City form TJHH

British Muppet Happy Meal Commercial

German one

Every Muppet commercial from the 50's. 60's and so forth

Sam and Friends episodes

Old old old Sesame Street episodes uncut (especially Rowlf in 9 lights)

The aired episodes of Little Muppet Monsters

An unedited, cleaner version of MFC
  3. Joggy

Joggy Member

Tales of the Tinkerdee
    Sam and Friends, old commercials, Ed Sullivans, Jimmy Deans and other oldies
    We Are Family
  4. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

While we're on the subject I have this to say: just see the links to my inventory lists below.
  5. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well, I have alot of what used to be on the MMW (Matt's Most Wanted) List, but, I'd still like these:

Dog City - All Episodes
    Jim Henson Hour - Episodes I'm Missing
    The Oldies: You know...Sam and Friends, commercials, Jimmy Dean, etc. etc.

...I know the Pethick man can help, so hopefully I'll be able to work something out in the new year. :)

-Matt
  6. Boober_Gorg

I hope the same for myself. The UK Fraggle Rocks are a must-have for the hardcore Fraggle fans, I think. Speaking of which, if anyone has copies of RCA/Columbia volumes 5, 9 and 10, please contact me ASAP.
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

The Land of Gorch sketches from SNL

All of the Dog City episodes

All of the Muppets Tonight episodes

All of the Muppet TV specials made during the seventies and eighties (Muppets in Walt Disney World, The Fabulous Miss Piggy Show, etc etc etc)

Tales of the Tinkerdee pilot (and, if they made any, the rest of the show)

An uncut DVD copy of It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Sam and Friends
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

continued

Oh, yeah! I forgot!

Every Muppet Show episode (including the two pilots) on DVD.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I actually now just have one big one:
    The Muppet Show Live in Hollywood(December 2001)
    on vhs, dvd, dvd-r, vcd, whatever.
  10. Boober_Gorg

I just thought of some Henson items that are impossible for me to find anywhere :

Youth '68
    The Cube
    Hey Cinderella!
    1965 pilot version

If anyone has these, please let me know.
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hah, you wont find those anywhere my friend, trust me on that. I have spent endless days searching for the Cube (yes, literally days), and I have come to the conclusion that no one in the country outside of the Museums of Radio and Television and JHC (who donated the special to the museums) has this special. Though I didn't search as hard for Youth '68, I am fairly sure the results would be the same (though I believe PBS owns the rights to that, being it was an episode in a series thats name is totally escaping me). As for Hey Cinderella, I had no idea there was an alternate version from the one we all have...can you describe the differences?

-Matt
  12. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Actually, PBS wasn't involved in Youth '68. Both that and The Cube were "Experiments in Television", experimental television productions which originally aired on NBC.
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

THE CUBE

Oooooh! I just remembered something! One time in the Science Fiction Book Club, they had The Cube listed in their videos section! This was a while ago, unfortunately, right before I found out The Cube was a JHC production!!!!!!!!! ARGH!

You might want to check out their website. I don't know it off hand, just search for the Science Ficion Book Club. If you find it, tell me!
  14. Boober_Gorg

Well all I remember is that in the book The Works, in the chronology it says:

1965 - Hey Cinderella! pilot taped
    1968 - Hey Cinderella! filmed in Toronto

Confusing, no?
  15. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

The Works mentions the pilot...it is not the same as the special, that's for sure...but The Works explains what the pilot was FOR also...
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I dont hear much props given to JH about this, but who else was doing truly edgy and experimental avant garde cinema and tv some 40 years ago? Like the Cube, Time Piece, etc. This of course is way before David Lynch and those MTV videos came along.
  17. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'd also love a copy of Muppetvision 3-D! It's not likely I'm going to be able to afford to go to Disney World anytime soon, but when I do in the far off future, I'm gonna see that three-hundred times! If not more.