1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Kind of Animal is Beauregard?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by charlietheowl, Sep 18, 2012.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a thread like this when I searched, so if I'm missing something, forgive me.

What kind of animal is Beauregard? I don't think he's a "monster", as he lacks the typical characteristics of one; no wild fur or hair, no giant teeth, no claws. He's obviously not a whatnot or a whatever, so what is he? Muppet Wiki has a bit on their talk page copied from a book which mentions him living in a burrow, which would seem to indicate he's a type of mole (?), but he seems too big for that.

What do you guys think?
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I've been saying for years that somewhere in the world of the internet I read that he was an anteater, and for the longest time I accepted that as fact. I don't know if he is (he doesn't quite have anteater qualities), and I haven't been able to find that source since. (No idea what source it was or how accurate it may have been.

Now that you say it, I'm kinda liking the mole thing. He does seem to have some mole characteristics, so it could be a possibility.
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Toughpigs once asked this question to henson.com. Henon.com's answers was "Beauregard is Beauregard".
    Hubert likes this.
  4. Kermoot

Kermoot New Member

I always thought that he was like a bug or something but in the one song sung by Sam the Eagle he is called a lump.
  5. charlietheowl

I haven't ever seen that species in the wild before! Wonder where it prefers to live? :oops:
    Hubert likes this.
  6. Mo Frackle

In broom closets of abandoned theaters.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I just assumed he was some kind of vague humanoid :/
  8. Mo Frackle

"Muppets from Space 2: The Search for Beauregard" (a.k.a.) "A Janitor's Journey".
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. Kermoot

Kermoot New Member

Yeah, then we can find out what Clifford is
  10. Mo Frackle

I think Clifford is supposed to be a humanoid character. Though Kermit thought he kind of looked like a catfish (an episode of MT), and Gonzo and Rizzo thought he resembled a dust buster (the MFS commentary).
  11. Kermoot

Kermoot New Member

I can see him being a catfish
  12. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I'll say he's a demented anteater:oops:
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I can understand where that does come from, and that is a good point to bring up, yet on the other hand, is it possible for humanoids to be sort of furry?

Though he does resemble both in some ways, Clifford is most definitely a humanoid. Everything about him screams that.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  14. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I always say hes an antlerless moose.
  15. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

Though I don't refer to him as one, Bo reminds me of a porcupine more than anything.
  16. charlietheowl

But he has no spines!
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

18. Mo Frackle

Somebody ought to ask Michael Frith, or even Dave Goelz.
  19. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

i was just watching sam's song on youtube and i looked at the comments
    and they are discussinng the same topic there some think he's a mole or a porcupine and one thinks he's a sloth
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I always thought he's a bear. Oh wow, I never thought about that…
    Maybe it's like Snuffy, where Beau is a Beauregard?