What Kind of Animal is Beauregard?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well hello, did somebody call?

But seriously, we've had this discussion a few times...with no solid conclusions. Although some consider him to be a mole (I don't), I think he is just a bit species-less to be honest. Partly because usually the animal characters are referred to as "the Frog", "the Bear", "Piggy", "Bunny", etc (although not all), or make at least a few animal-specific jokes, I don't think he ever has.

There was, however, a picture book one which stated that he lived underground and ate roots of plants that just grew through into his kitchen. Once he left his home and came to the theater, didn't remember how he got there, and stayed.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
But seriously, we've had this discussion a few times...with no solid conclusions. Although some consider him to be a mole (I don't), I think he is just a bit species-less to be honest. Partly because usually the animal characters are referred to as "the Frog", "the Bear", "Piggy", "Bunny", etc (although not all), or make at least a few animal-specific jokes, I don't think he ever has.
I didn't think of that point. Perhaps he just is a "Beauregard".

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've always felt that he has an almost "Bear"ish feel about him, with the strength and the clumsyness, but he doesn't have the usual bear-ears, and he's worked with Bobo (the Bear) and not been referred to as a bear.

I just love how soft and smooshy he looks! A Beau-hug would probably be the best hug around. :big_grin:

Also, Vinent, I just knew someone would be making a Beau/Me joke around here.

Bea:oops:{I am actually a human with a Muppet Screen-name, don't ya know}regard

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I admit that I've never thought about this question very much before. I've always just assumed that Beauregard was just Beauregard.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I'm thinking Beauregard is his own species, just like the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs. :oops:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The next time somebody conducts an interview with one of the performers, writers, designers, etc., they really should ask what Beauregard is.