What lunch boxes did you have?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don't know if this topic was ever posted before, but if not, time to get rolling!
One of the coolest things growing up was getting a new lunch box. From Kindergarten through grade school, I had:

Disney World
The Partridge Family
Kung Fu
Emergency!
Happy Days
Star Wars
This was back in the 70's when lunch boxes were still metal, before they replaced them with plastic. Now they're worth big bucks on ebay, and I wish I still had mine. But who knew?

What lunch boxes did you have, and you still have them? Peace. :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
I had Snoopy, ET, Pound Puppies and My Pet Monster lunch boxes. All but ET were plastic. I no longer have any of them. I wish I still had the Snoopy and Pound Puppies lunch boxes for my collection of dog stuff. The ET and My Pet Monster lunch boxes were no great loss.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I never had any cool ones, but I still have my lunch box from middle school. I was able to pull off bringing it to work over the summer because it was a plain blue design and therefore nondescript. Luckily nobody noticed the faded name and telephone number my mother wrote in there back when I was in fifth grade.

Xerus

Reaction score
I mostly remember my Space 1999 lunch box and my Garfield lunch box.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be honest I almost always had hot lunches so I never really had a lunchbox. I know, I was deprived, lol.

But if I had been so fortunate, I probably would have asked for TMNT or Star Trek, lol.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
My very first lunchbox was a plastic Alladin one. It was a sparkly dark blue with Alladin and Genie in the cave of wonders. It was really cool. I remember there was always something cool about getting a new lunch box. My sisters and I got borderline tantrum like (I'm sorry to say) trying to get our mom to buy us new lunch boxes every year. I also had a plastic Hunchback of Notre Dame lunch box and a Pooh lunch box that was the more insulated type fabric. My favorite thing about that one was that the zipper was Pooh.

My dad had this great one while I was in college that I ended up buying one. It was the flexible material with a removable plastic part, a top section and it expanded. It was a Godsend when I started having 12 hour days at school.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I think I only ever had 1 lunchbox - plastic. It had a retro-looking Mickey Mouse comic strip design, with Mickey playing the part of a fighter pilot. In the last frame Minnie said, "My hero!" I think Mickey said, "It was such fun while it lasted." I had more than 1 thermos though- there was the Mickey thermos that came with that box, and a My Little Pony one. I think I had another one, too, but it escapes me now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was a kid, we didn't have those cool collectible metal lunchboxes... we just had those plastic/rubbermaid ones with giant stickers on the front of them. :smirk:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Hmmm...well, I know I had a Scooby-Doo one that looked like the Mystery Machine (metal, yes, with a matching thermos) and a Star Wars one later on. WISHING I now had a Muppets one! I would absolutely take it to work every day for long shifts!

--------------

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
------------
Hmmm...well, I know I had a Scooby-Doo one that looked like the Mystery Machine (metal, yes, with a matching thermos) and a Star Wars one later on. WISHING I now had a Muppets one! I would absolutely take it to work every day for long shifts!

--------------
I saw a metal Muppets lunchbox with Kermit on the front at Urban Outfitters. I keep meaning to go back to see if it's there.