1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That procrastination is kicking my butt this week. But I'm also gonna blame it on the weather since it's been raining since Sunday. Yeah that sounds like a good excuse in my eyes. :p
  2. Pinkflower7783

3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

LOL! If I asked a question, people just ignore me or tell me that they don't have time to talk. That is how I get angry. Thank you for posting, pinkflower!
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Suffering from what I can only describe as F.A.T. - Full of Analytical Thought. And not in a good way. Sometimes I wish I could just turn off the brain. But I've never been able to do that. That's why I don't have insomnia. Sleep is the only relief sometimes, heh.
  5. Pinkflower7783

I'm the opposite if I could turn off my brain then I'd probably sleep a lot better at night. :/ Hope things get better for you though.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah I hope you can find the solution to that. I've only rarely had trouble sleeping but I know how annoying it can be.
  7. Pinkflower7783

I've actually been doing good lately *knocks on wood* I think it's just when I start to let stupid worries enter my mind at night that I can't sleep. It's so annoying I hate when you can't control things. :/
  8. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I know that feeling all too well.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Me, too, sadly.
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Same here, when I go to sleep at night, my mind goes WILD... I swear, it's like as soon as I slip into slumber, subconsciously I slip into like the world of Sid & Marty Krofft: everything's freaky-deaky, acid-trippy... it's a wonder I get any solid sleep at night... but then again, I don't get a whole lot of solid sleep in general, so yeah, I am a bit of an insomniac.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Yeah it's bad. And the first thing that enters my brain at night is "money." And then probably a million other stupid things decide to just add to it. Insomnia sucks! Is all I can say. -_-
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Apparently Muppet fans are all the same, as I seem to be the same way too. I'm perfectly tired before I go to sleep, but then the second that I go to bed, I suddenly get all kinds of creative ideas for things, and then I end up pacing around the room thinking about them and tweaking them for another few hours...
  13. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Do what I do: keep a notepad next to the bed.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Now that's a good idea hadn't thought of that.
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If I had a nickel for every time somebody has said that to me, I think I'd have at least a dollar by now.

But anyshoe, I usually don't, because I don't ever think to, and a LOT of those freaky-deaky, acid-trippy dreams aren't really things I want to vividly remember... in fact, I'm kind of glad I start to forget most of them after I wake up.

Now, on the other hand, some of my best creative ideas DO come to me in my dreams occasionally, (I've had lyrics for a song, and the premise for an entire show come to me in dreams), and I'm usually pretty good at remembering them afterwards. Matter of fact, I had a dream for a movie one night many many years ago that ended up being "stolen" somewhat and became that movie The Adjustment Bureau.
  16. Pinkflower7783

That I'm at home all by myself. :( Oh well I have you find people to keep me company. :D
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I went for a jog today and right now my lungs hate me. I took my inhaler before I went and I've been able to jog before like this without problems so it sorta caught me by surprise. I'm wondering if it's either because of the weather changing or the fact that I'm waiting on a refill for my asthma medication.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Hope you feel better!
  19. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

It's funny... the other day I was watching an interview with Billy Joel from 2010 and he said he's dreamed a lot of music or song ideas and then forgotten it completely by the time he woke up. He said at one point he tried the paper and pen by the bed, and he kept finding that when he'd wake up he couldn't read any of his half-asleep scribbling.
  20. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I operate on a sleep deficit--I have to get up at 5:00, and I can rarely get to sleep before 11:30--so I don't appreciate my body pulling pranks like that on me.