1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I just wanna add even if some of you don't pray at least keep my cousin and friend in your thoughts. Their not kidding when they say "when it rains it pours." :/
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you're dealing with those things, and hopefully both your cousin and your friend are able to feel better soon.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This online geometry class is really starting to tick me off. Now on assignments they are asking about things that aren't mentioned in the notes and it's really screwing up my grade. I really need to pass this course and they are making it so difficult! It's really getting me mad.

And with that said, if anyone here is a geometry master and would like to give me some help, I'd really appreciate it.
  4. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh dude I'm sorry about that. That can be one of the most frustrating things.

I wouldn't say I'm a master but I'm pretty good at math. If you wanna pm me.
  5. Pinkflower7783

So sorry to hear that Bob. I know how frustrating school can be. Especially when your not doing well in one or a few. Math was never my subject infact I'm ashame to say this but I actually have a disability in math. I was always in special classes cause my brain just can't get it. Sometimes I feel really stupid because I might take longer to count money or add things then most people. Like my mom she's a whiz in math but I am not. :( It's just that for some reason my brain refuses to let me get it even though I have tried.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I sucked at math too.

All my years of schooling, I BARELY, and I mean BARELY was able to keep my grade average up to AT LEAST a C in the subject, and there have been times where, unfortunately, I've found myself down in the D and even the U area, so needless to say, that would almost always send me into panic mode: a C in math was acceptable because my parents knew that was my weakest subject, but I mean to say, if I ever got a D or a U on a report card, I was in BIG trouble.

Everything else, I made As (English/Language Arts, Reading, my elective courses) or Bs (History/Social Studies, Science, etc). Math, that was a totally different story.
  7. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Hehe, math. That is so American.

Yeah, I only did the lowest level of maths (see, maths with an 's') when I was in High School and I was forced to take Numeracy in my first year of college. It was part of a communications thing set up by the government. Pah!
  8. Pinkflower7783

I envy my mom she can do numbers like I don't know what in her head. Me? I'm lucky I can even count money sometimes. :/ Math and Science were not my best subjects in school. But English and History I knocked it out of the ball park. Oh and art! Always nailed that one too!
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'm taking the course at a website separate from the school I go to. They'll transfer the credits when the course is done. I need a C for it to transfer, it's looking like my grade will be C-, so I really need to do well on these last two tests and the final. :eek:
  10. Pinkflower7783

Good luck!!!
  11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Seems like I have been making a lot of people here mad at me lately :sigh:
  12. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

A couple of things:
    • Tickets to see Phantom were going on sale today at 9am in the student center. I got there at about 5 to 9 and there was already a huge line. Needless to say, I didn't get one. I don't mind much, I really only wanted to go because my friends who didn't get to go on the last trip wanted to go.
    • My roommate and his girlfriend had a huge argument, while I was still in the room. Eventually, they left and kept fighting, prompting me to grab my computer, sweater and such and BEAT FEET.
  13. D'Snowth

I still will never understand why people willing move into a dorms.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Dorm life has its ups and downs, but I met a lot of nice people and a lot of great friends there. It might have been chaotic at times, but it was a lot of fun.
  15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Because its easier than driving every single day to campus. Some people just live too far :p

I don't mind it this year, despite the fact the two people we share a bathroom with think that its ok to scream through the door or something to talk to each other. And then the taking of showers at 3 in the morning is a bit odd >_>
  16. Oscarfan

...and now these noisy b*tches won't shut up in the hallway.
  17. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Those guys of yours are Bullies. Ignore those nitwits.
  18. Oscarfan

I wouldn't call them bullies, I'd just call them drunken idiots.
  19. D'Snowth

They're not so think as you drunk they are.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Like I said, don't worry about them and just ignore them.