1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I received a chain letter about how Obama is destroying America/turning it into a fascist state/etc. It includes scare blurbs about how he's helped push "the homosexual agenda" and "indoctrination" on our children at school. The kicker? This was sent to me by my father. Who for over 20 years has known that I am bi.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, that just simply appauled me to read that.
  3. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

-_____-

...seriously? Oy!
  4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's awful. It amazes me how people are so quick to find conspiracy theories everywhere.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

People are so willing to believe and pass on inflammatory tripe and then feel all smug and self-righteous about it. In general I don't have friends like that because, well, I don't become friends with people like that. However, you don't choose your family.
  6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Eh...but you can block them. Sometimes that's preferable.

---------------
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

My mom in the store whenever there's stuffed animals that play music or do some stupid little dance she always has to push ALL the buttons and get them going at once. That's when I just have to walk away...:sigh: So we had "Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer", "Jingle Bells", and some rock song all going at once. -__-
  8. newsmanfan

Tell her when she's in a store, she must keep her hands in her pockets!
    -------------
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

More like glue her fingers to the shopping cart! UGH! I'm like "do you always have to do that?" She's like I can't resist I'm like yes you can don't even go down the aisle!! >< Oh and don't even get me started on the dancing Santa Clause!
  10. newsmanfan

------------
    You can't fool me -- I know there's no Sanity Clause!

Yes there is. Look. Right here in the contract.

-------------
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

My dad does that... my mom used to get so embarrassed!
  12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My dad still does that. My mom always yells at him. I just run to another isle -_-
    HeyButtahfly and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I would, except it seems that the second I write down my ideas, they turn to complete bleh... :p
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

And then the people behind us didn't help they started doing it too!! I was about ready to tell the manager take your musical menagerie off the shelves till we leave please! >_>
  15. D'Snowth

My laptop table finally fell apart.
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Does that mean you were waiting it to fall apart?
  17. D'Snowth

I wasn't WAITING for it to fall apart, but it's been kind of falling apart for about a year now or so.
  18. Pinkflower7783

So on top of your technology problems now your having problems with things that hold your electronics?
  19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My parents have been fighting all day, and my mom keeps screaming about how she wants a divorce :sigh:
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Well, that's what they say now, but soon enough, they'll be kissing again.
    (At least in my family)