1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You know something is wrong when it's the middle of October, it's bright and sunny out, the temperature is warm, and there's bees buzzing around...
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

No bees here. It's in the 60's right now, it's really nice.
  3. D'Snowth

Lucky you, it's jumped back up into the 70s for the time being, but then again, that seems to be something of a pattern we've had so far this October: it'll be warm for a week, then it'll be cool for a week, then it's supposed to be warm again this week, then cool again next week.

Oh well... usually later in the first half of November is when the consistent sweater weather USUALLY begins... that is assuming that those predictions that a warm fall and December for this corner of the country aren't true.
  4. Pinkflower7783

What's the temp been at night where you are? It's been dropping in the 40's here.
  5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Pinky, hope you're doing better. I doubt any fellow Muppaphiles would judge you. Kermit wouldn't. 'Nuff said.

Snowth...pictured your desk crunching into a bluescreen of death. Giggled madly. Hey, I haven't had much sleep. Deal.

-------------
    Vincent Liu and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Thank you so much...that actually put a big smile on my face. :) I am feeling somewhat better but its one of those you have your good and bad days. I don't think this getting darker earlier is helping my mood alot but I am trying to stay optimistic.
  7. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Well, I meant to say that not all anime is grim and a lot of it is overly sugar coated sweetness. But, yeah, ok, I'll just go now.....*slinks off*
  8. D'Snowth

Dang. I knew it was supposed to be another unseasonably warm day today, but two degrees shy of 80? :attitude:
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It's 66 where I live :p

(and yet I'm already seeing people bundled up in heavy coats, scarves, and gloves...)
  10. D'Snowth

Hey, it's like I said, around these parts, once it dips below 70, then all of the sudden, people start complaining about how cold it is, and how much they miss the warm weather... and what's even worse is once it gets below 70, then it's like an unwritten rule that stores and places have to crank up the heat, so even when it's like 69 outside, and the sun is shining, you walk into a store and it's like walking into an oven.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I admit I have complained about the cold, but I always remember that the heat is much worse, lol.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I was in some ways kidding as well...obviously not ALL anime is grim but most of it is yes.
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I just spent an hour filling out a job application only to submit it and get a message that says I didn't fill out an application but a profile, and that now I need to go to such and such a page to apply for a job. So I go to that page only to find that the job I was applying for isn't there anymore :mad:
  14. Pinkflower7783

Oh boy when it rains it pours. :/
  15. Pinkflower7783

Apparently there's a "National Dance Like a Chicken Day" :cluck: on May 14th. I mean seriously who thinks up of these pointless holidays? Although if we wanna go the Muppet root we could always say Gonzo and Camilla had something to do with it. :concern:
  16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I want to buy some Punky Muppet fur and the Mendel's site appears to be down. :(
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The hashtag "#SignsYoSonIsGay" was trending on Twitter and it was full of the thoughtful responses you would exactly imagine! The amount of stereotypes that people traffic in on there is pretty annoying. A lot of people are still very ignorant.
  18. Pinkflower7783

That I haven't been able to sleep at night lately...:(I hate this because then it messes up my whole day and I feel like I'm dragging. Why oh why can't my brain just shut itself off at night?! I hate not being in control of things. ><
  19. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    90s here.

The gummi vitamins I bought MELTED in the car in the 20 mins it took me to get home. Froggin ridiculous.

I understand the West Coast of NZ is stormy and cold much of the year...sounds gorgeous...
    --------------
  20. Pinkflower7783