1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's Monday. Yuck!
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I HATE Mondays too. I get appointments and that puts the fun out of those particular days.
  3. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

Stress. Lots and lots of stress.....
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I had a job interview today and... I don't know, I really don't think this job is a good fit for me.

I was going in for a lifeguarding job at a hotel about 20 minutes away from my house. But then they said that the job entailed more than I was led on to believe and, for a full-time college student, really doesn't seem to have hours that agree with me consistently. Then I noticed that the majority of the staff was adults doing full-time shifts. Then they told me that I'd have to go to a 5-day orientation that would require me to take a week off from school to attend. :concern: I think I just might have to turn this job down for that alone...
  5. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Oh man... That really sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah... as clear as I tried to make it to all three people I was interviewed by, they made it clear that they were looking more for full-time employees than part-time. The first guy who interviewed me asked me if I'd actually be willing to make a multi-year career out of working at that place. That made it clear that this place was too demanding just to work a school year during. :rolleyes:
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

The fact I got nothing today that I had wanted to do due to a stupid headache!! ><
  8. Pinkflower7783

I broke a serving plate yesterday...I was not happy...I had gotten that as a wedding gift. X_X Stupid candle broke it! ><
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Here it is, it's the latter half of October... we're more than half way through fall... and it's 80 degrees outside today. And on top of that, I'm assuming the air conditioner is on the fritz AGAIN, because there's hardly any thing blowing out of the vents, and the theromstat says it's 71 in the house, so it really feels really stuffy in here.

And it's supposed to be 80 again tomorrow. And Thursday. And... well, pretty much for the rest of the week, and all because of this high pressure system that's come up from the Gulf of Mexico... did I not say, in Kanye West's voice, that Mother Nature doesn't care about southern people? The western U.S. is getting snow right now thanks to a jet stream coming down from Canada... wish they'd send us some of that stuff.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Well if it makes you feel better its suppose to be 77 today and 80 tomorrow...but then it's going back down in the 60's and 50's. I'll send some it your way.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I have decided that until after election day I will not be answering my home phone. Nearly every call I get is political crud that interrupts my evening, often my dinner, and I'm suck of it. Since there's no telling a robo-caller to cut it the frag out, I've decided to screen my calls. If someone I know calls, they can talk to the machine and I'll pick up.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I don't even answer my phone because I know that it's nothing but political crap. :rolleyes: Nov 6th can't get here fast enough IMO. I could care less about it all myself. I hate hate hate politics!!! :scary: I always said the best way to punish me is to just lock me in a room and play a presidential debate. That'll be a life sentence to me. That's not even counting the two notices I have already got in the mail telling me where to vote.

I get one call "VOTE OBAMA" another call "VOTE ROMNEY!" UGH just leave me alone!!!! :mad:
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Up to my elbows in papers. Welcome to college indeed!
  14. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, my home phone lines at home are dead and my parents are extremely cranky. This is the reason why I am at the library using MC right now, since there is no Internet at home at all. Grrrrrr! :sigh: :mad:
  15. Pinkflower7783

"I love my elbows" sorry couldn't resist. :p
  16. D'Snowth

I saw this:

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-forecast/fall-winter-outlook-20121022

Now, if this is true, given my location in the country, my response to this outlook forecast is this:

NNNNNOOOOOOO GOD!

NO GOD, PLEASE NO!

NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  17. Pinkflower7783

Wow take a valium D'Snowth. :p
  18. D'Snowth

YOU want ANOTHER warm fall and winter this year like we had last year?

Yeah, that's what happened again today... except today it's 8 fricken 2... in October... in fall...
  19. Pinkflower7783

Well no but I don't think I am as passionate about it as you are. :p I'll share some of the cold coming our way this weekend with you. I think Saturday the high is only suppose to be 45. Although if it makes your feel any better it's 80 degrees here today.
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

The toilet in the dorm room is backed up so now I have to use the bathroom in the hallway if I have to go.

But knowing how bad they are with fixing things here, I doubt the toilet is getting fixed any time soon. At least I'm going home this weekend...