1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...it's technically not winter yet...
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Not winter? I thought winter starts in November (at least in my culture).
  3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I have no winter either. It's warm and very mild. Sheesh! Plus *coughs* my throat hurts and it's probably scracthy too. *coughs*
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

(sheesh, posted this in the wrong thread at first)

Winter technically begins December 21 or 22 by standards of actual earth rotation away from the sun
    Hubert likes this.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Tell that to my ancestors.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better, muppetfan. I just got over a scratchy throat/cold myself, and they are not fun.
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

If we're alive on December 21 that is...
  8. Sgt Floyd

You don't really believe that do you? O_0
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

Bahaha, no, of course not. Isn't going to stop me from blasting this song on the 21st though.
  10. Sgt Floyd

Well...that's an interesting cover. Never heard of the singer though...
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

That moment when you didn't realize that the video you posted was a cover until after you posted it.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  12. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I'm really sensitive, and sometimes I can take things personally when they're nothing to get upset over. I hate when this happens. :(

Anyone here with the same problem?
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yes, that happens to me a lot too; I try very hard not to let it happen, but yeah, I think a lot of it stems from growing up with a somewhat less than ideal childhood, which is also kind of why I have a tendency to be rather cynical at times, and sort of see situations with a neutral eye.

It took me a great number of years to teach myself not to get sentimental about things, because I know sooner or later, it's going to be taken away from me eventually any way, for one reason, or another, so if there's no emotional or sentimental attachment, then I don't miss it.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I have that problem too, because I'm really sensitive too, and I just get upset very easily. Normally I just have to wait for things to pass naturally to feel better. I try to distance myself from things emotionally sometimes, but it's hard. I hope you feel better soon. :sympathy:
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

I used to have that problem but then I suppose I matured out of it within the last year or so. It's still there to an extent, but I don't find myself getting as offended by certain things as I used to.
  16. D'Snowth

17. Sgt Floyd

The weather? :D
  18. D'Snowth

And now, to make matters worse, the plantlife is starting to BLOOM ALREADY! I am NOT joking: a good deal of the foliage down here has already turned that early spring lime-green color that I hate so much. :scary:
  19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I ordered a used copy of Muppets Magic from the Ed Sullivan Show. It's in good condition and all, but good lord, the cover is incredibly hideous. I mean, it never looked appealing in the pictures I've seen, but up close, it looks like it ran through the Ugly Woods and hit every tree on the way through.
  20. D'Snowth