1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. MeWantCookie Member

awww sorry snowthy! yesterday i had a critique in my art class and no one had anything nice to say about my work :( that made me contemplate my path as an art minor...the thing is i don't like the work in the foundation classes (even if i put my heart and soul into something no one likes it) and i have not taken a real studio art class until i started college (this year) but once i get the 2 required foundation classes out of the way I can pretty much take whatever I want, which is graphic design and metals/jewelry. In those areas I feel like my work is better accepted.
  2. MeWantCookie Member

i can't believe this happened....I MISSED THE BUS TO SEE RENT! :(
  3. Ilikemuppets New Member

Sorry to hear that, Dana. Maybe things will go better next time.:)
  4. MeWantCookie Member

aww thanks william...one of my friends said we can go another time, the downside is it'll just cost more...but we don't HAVE to see a show, i mean i've seen RENT before but the ticket price was unbeatable....i just want to go to NYC again.
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Man... out of control bidders with outrageous sums of money make it impossible to get a hold of original WW2 Jeep Caps off of eBay!
  6. Ilikemuppets New Member

I hear ya!:p
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the reproduction model I'm wearing right now, but it would just so awesome to get my hands on an original model from WW2.
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

That would be cool as the kids say.:)
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My mom wants to go see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.:mad:
  10. Beakerfan Active Member

Um, that movie scares me. It could be cute, but what is with the speech impediment? Dustin Hoffman scares me in that movie. I don't think I'll be going to see it anytime soon.
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You SHOULDN'T see it anyway... they killed off Kathy!
  12. Beakerfan Active Member

Kathy's in it? Or the producers killed her in a different movie? or.... what?
  13. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, Kathy was GOING to be in it (she only had yet another bit-part in it), but shortly after she signed on, they had to let her go because production and filming had been rescheduled (something to do with problems with the sets and stuff), which caused conflicts with her already busy schedule, and prior commitments, so they had to let her go because they couldn't work around her schedule like they could with the stars (Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, etc).

I was actually in contact with Zach Mills's mother while all this was going on, she said she and Kathy got to chat a lot, and she was telling me that Kathy was very nice, sweet, loving, caring, and generous person, and that although she enjoys her career, her family is her top priority.
  14. MeWantCookie Member

getting kicked out of my room by my roommate because she wanted to get dressed made me frown today (she's been doing this ever since the beginning of college!) i don't understand why she can't just tell me not to look until she's done? what does she expect me to do while i'm outside waiting for her to et dressed?
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

See, now this is why I REFUSE to move into a dorm and become stuck with some weird, psychotic roommate.
  16. Winslow Leach Active Member

Wow. That's kinda harsh. Sorry to hear that, Dana.:(
  17. Skye Active Member

Yeah, it can be pretty tough. My sister's first college roommate stole from her constantly. Some people... ya gotta wonder!

I'm sorry that you're having a problem with yours, too, Dana.
  18. Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! I'm glad she doesn't have to deal with that anymore though, sweetie.
  19. Skye Active Member

Awww, thank you, honey! I'm glad she doesn't have to deal with it anymore, too. We were all really happy when she got out of that room, lol.
  20. MeWantCookie Member

it could be a lot worse, though...she can be very immature, naive, and insecure but at other times very bossy and mom-ish...it's quite confusing. at least she doesn't touch my stuff or else she would get a good talking-to from me...we were matched well according to the criteria on the roommate preference form but there was no way for her to indicate that she would be like this. at least she's going to London next semester so I'll have a new roomie as of mid-January.