1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help during the month of October to continue broadcasting Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen online via Radionomy, directly with any MP3 media player or on your phone when you're on the go. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 46 on PBS
    Sesame Street's 46th season officially begins on PBS Monday September 12. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

4. Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands
    Fans have been waiting forty years for a live concert with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem and it happened Sunday August 7 at the Outside Lands Music Festival.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Living with 4 brothers under the age of 8, this whole shooting story has really hit me hard. It is a horrible, horrible thing. I just can't begin to comprehend why anybody would do this. That man is a MONSTER.

This song is honor of those whose lives were taken by the shootings. The fear and pain they must have gone through. They are the real heros.

Muppet fan 123 and newsmanfan like this.
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

We went shopping at Target and we could not find the right slippers or the pajamas. I even cried and I felt so terrible.
  3. MuppetSpot2

MuppetSpot2 Well-Known Member

my hair itches
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Still back in the 60s today...

This has been a lousy winter so far... even worse than last year. :smirk:
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I found out that my father, who still appears to be with my mother for all intents and purposes, has been posting pictures of himself on Craigslist in the personals sections looking for the ladies. Very irritating to say the least.
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Finishing off the weekend in style: with a few degrees of fever. Sigh.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Just...feeling super frustrated right now. :(
  8. D'Snowth

STILL in the 60s again right now... gah... :rolleyes:
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I was up all night with a fever, alternately freezing and burning up. I'm "enjoying" a sick day today. If this keeps up tomorrow is gonna be a real ball, as I'm scheduled for jury service.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

If this makes you happy.... it snowed up here...

I mean, you can be happy for me... ;)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

Ugh... the curse seems to have come back... once again, nothing seems to be going right at the moment, it's kind of got me in a bad mood today... :(
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Ugh! I hope you feel better tomorrow. *crosses fingers*
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I love "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" and I watched this today:

and then I felt Jim Croce rolling around in his grave beneath me.
  14. D'Snowth

I guess the best thing for that guy to do, at this point, would be to tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind, pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger, and mess around with Jim.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I almost put the bottle of shampoo in the fridge yesterday. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy hormones. :p
  16. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

I scored seventy-something in my English test today. :/
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Hearing all the stories from Newtown, Connecticut is what's making me frown.

I can't believe why or how anyone would do something like that, it's just disgusting. I still don't get why gun laws aren't as strict in the U.S. as it is like in Canada.

I kept hearing this story over and over on my trip to NY this weekend. It was just horrible. I heard President Obama's speech and many other stories that were released and are still being released now.

Everyone was affected by this event. I just hope no one had relatives or friends in this.
    My thoughts and prayers are with the families affected by this.
  18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Sorry to get on my soapbox again but it frustrates me that everyone blames GUNS. A crazy person is going to get a gun or ANY kind of weapon any way they can. Besides, if you are going on a killing spree, you aren't going to WANT to get the gun legally. Mass killings can happen with any weapon. There have been mass killings at schools where the weapon was a knife, but you don't hear about any of those on the news because anti-gun freaks have to push gun violence out there :/
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Well, it would help if there were a stronger ban on guns, mass shootings probably wouldn't end, but it would most probably lessen them.
  20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't.

It might lesson shootings by the literal definition of the word, but the killer is just going to pick the next best weapon. If you are truly that bent on killing someone, you will use any weapon you can get your hands on. There is no difference from someone going on a shooting spree to someone going on a stabbing spree.

And depending on the age, there are loads of underground gun dealers they could find