1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What made you frown today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 6, 2007.

1. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

*Does the clean dance*

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Don't let them take care of you!

Without you the Earth would be dead,
    it'd seem like a horrid flu...
    I think you're doing a wonderful job...toodle-loo?

Ok, I killed it...
    But Heralde and me are rootin' fer yah!

I never was meant for poetry...

LOL!
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah to be honest, I never really understood poetry, lol. But at least you made the attempt. :)
  3. heralde

What made me frown today? I saw the movie Beowulf...nuff said! :grouchy:
  4. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

I read Beowulf my senior year of high school...didn't like it much.

It's only 8:30 a.m. but what's making me frown is that it looks very gloomy outside from what i see out my window.
  5. heralde

Beowulf, the ancient epic tale is a master piece. Not everyone has to like it, but that is a fact. :)

Beowulf, the movie, is a disgrace.

I'm going to stop now because I might frown again, heh.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Post deleted.
  7. D'Snowth

I just read that Women Fully Clothed are calling it quits in April... and so far, the only place outside of Ontario they're performing is in OTHER Canadian provinces.

Now I'll NEVER get to see Kathy Greenwood on stage!:cry: :cry: :cry:

*Cue Music* People just ain't no good... a thing that's well understood... you can see it everywhere you look... people just ain't no good...
  8. heralde

Aw that stinks, I can identify with the disapointment. Remember though, never say never! We can't know what will happen in the future. :)
  9. D'Snowth

I don't know... it takes about six months to get a passport, not to mention they cost like three hundred dollars or so.

Besides, they said they were going to try to start a tour in the U.S., Kathy even said she's like to tour as far south as Florida, so that right there is a major disappointment to those in the states who were hoping they'd come down.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Kathy were to retire completely after this... I mean she'll be 50 soon, and she's got kids in school now.
  10. Skye

Skye Active Member

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, Snowthy. That's really too bad. Something else might come across her plate that she just can't pass up, though (hopefully), and you might get to see her. Stranger things have happened, lol. But honestly, I feel that if you keep hope alive, you never know what can happen.

I do believe that someday, something will work out for you, though. It would be so cool for you to get to see her in person one day!
  11. heralde

A couple years ago, when the Lord of the Rings films were first coming out, I almost got the chance to see one of the hobbit actors (Billy Boyd, who played Pippin). But it turned out the convention was just too far away for me. And I missed a couple other opportunities. I thought things would never work out and it really depressed me. Then about two years after the movies were over, I read about yet another LoR convention where he was appearing, and finally, amazingly, I got to go and even briefly talk to him. So I have learned that you never know what will be. :)
  12. D'Snowth

Well, unless she was as respected an actress at that age as, say, Sally Field, Barbara Eden, Glenn Close, I don't see much for her future.

Oh well, as I mentioned before, I'm going to try to get her to make a guest appearance in an episode of my new sitcom; I've got a role I think she'd be perfect in!
  13. MeWantCookie

MeWantCookie Member

going to the mall and leaving with nothing purchased made me frown today :(
  14. BeakerSqueedom

I frowned at the fact that mom has been grumpy with me.
    I don't know why...
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I Frowned today at my paycheck i need a better paying job,
  16. D'Snowth

I MUST have another virus... my internet keeps crashing, particularly when I'm uploading like at PhotoBucket or MySpace... it wouldn't do that if I DIDN'T have a virus, now would it?

Man, why won't AT&T let me use their Internet Security Suite right now? Their's is MUCH better than this free version of AVG I'm using.
  17. heralde

Well it could be virus, but unfortunately it could also be any number of things. You never know with computers!

Well, feeling kinda down and worthless today. I'm going to have to make more of an effort to get involved and keep busy. :)
  18. BeakerSqueedom

Sorry I never saw this!

Heralde, I understand what you're saying.
    I feel like that whenever inactivity knocks at my door.
    You're going to be just fine...
    :) *Huggles*

SMIIIIIIILLEE, THOUUUGGHH YYYOOOUURR HEEAARRTT ISSS BREAKKKINGGG...

*Sings off-key*
  19. heralde

Aw thanks! Yeah I didn't get to see your message until today either, but I definitely appreciate it. It's true, inactivity often breeds trouble, heh. Aw, yeah I love that song (and I also tend to sing off key so it all works out lol). ;)

I had a really bad day Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't want that to happen again, so Friday morning I decided that, whatever happens, I will just let it go and move on. And thankfully I was able to do that. And thankfully I was able to hang out with friends last night and have a great time. :)
  20. Skye

Skye Active Member

I'm really glad you're feeling better, heralde. :)

I've been feeling so crappy these past couple days. When I'm sad about something, I really let it get me down, which might be silly. Anyway, since this thing is really important to me, I guess I can't help feeling a bit off right now, but hopefully it'll be better soon.