What made you roll your eyes today thread?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I mean, somebody asked a question here last week, and I happily answered them. Almost a week later, they haven't even looked at it!!! :sigh: I really need a life. :wink:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm glad Glee is finally ending, but when is SpongeBob going to die already?
Glee isn't canceled. In fact, it's doing quite well and is certain to be renewed. I understand some viewers' distaste for it. Much of the cringe-worthy dialog merely serves to set-up the next musical number. Glee is also a guilty pleasure that's done a lot to bring people together. I really like it for that...and yes, sometimes it makes me cry. I ADMIT IT! :embarrassed:

SpongeBob will continue until people stop watching so I don't think that will be anytime soon. He's the Mickey Mouse of Viacom/Nick. Personally, I couldn't tell you the difference between season 5 and season 13, but I do enjoy the program when surfing through the channels. Last year's stop-motion Christmas special was amazing! :eek:

Canceled shows include: 666 Park Ave (clumsy and slow-moving when compared to American Horror Story on FX), Last Resort (didn't gain the audience to justify its cost), Made In Jersey (boilerplate legal show), Partners (with all the gay people, it should have been funnier, but wasn't), Emily Owens MD (too young for the big networks, too sophisticated for the CW) and Animal Practice (for obvious reasons). :crazy:

Series endings include: Private Practice (it was time), Gossip Girl (the ratings were failing), Fringe (a fan fave that's ending with a bang), 30 Rock (a decision by the creators) and The Office (it never really bounced back from its lead actor's departure). :cool:

Likely cancellations include: Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 (I like it, but the thin premise is played-out), Ben and Kate (the male lead is incredibly unappealing), Vegas (beyond dull and made even worse by Chiklis' hacky acting), Guys with Kids (is it any wonder), Up All Night (funny people, unfunny show) and Whitney (for the same reason). :skeptical:

Shows "on the bubble" include: Happy Endings (niche), Last Man Standing (boilerplate Tim Allen comedy), Malibu Country (boilerplate Reba comedy), Nashville (well written and acted, but I thing the country fad is over), Cleveland Show (a facsimile of a facsimile of something that isn't quite as funny as it used to be), CSI NY (they still have the original and they already killed Miami), The Good Wife (niche fan fave), The Mentalist (another niche fan fave), 90210 (they've been out of high school for a while), Hart of Dixie (they've run out of story), Nikitia (never found a big audience), Beauty and the Beast (a terrible show with a faithful following and a gorgeous leading lady) and The Mindy Project (these uncomfortable humor "Office" type shows have probably worn out their welcome by now). :confused:

Everything else is renewed or still under optimistic review. :halo:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
The Office got cancelled?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Meh, the Steve Carrell days were better anyways. :sigh:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Office got cancelled?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Meh, the Steve Carrell days were better anyways. :sigh:
This isn't really new news. They intended for this to be the last season since it launched last fall. :search:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh, haha. I'm not really in tune with these things. :wink: It makes sense to end the show.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I set a text to my mom to ask my dad if we have any Skillet albums...she then asked me if I meant Skrillex *facepalm*

I can't believe she's heard of Skrillex but not Skillet...and my dad one time even said he likes Skillet so I don't buy that was him not knowing...

Slackbot

Reaction score
On the news and at the workplace they're talking about preparations for inclement weather, showing big mounds of salt and sand, talking about possible office closures, etc. It's been in the sixties and seventies for the past few weeks, it was fifty this morning, and the temperature is supposed to just barely kiss freezing tonight. It's been raining a lot, but the rain is supposed to stop long before it gets cold enough to matter.

Atlanta rarely gets real winter weather, which for us is snow that actually sticks. When two snowflakes fall we freak out and buy all the milk and bread Kroger has. But this is ridiculous, even for us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Atlanta rarely gets real winter weather, which for us is snow that actually sticks. When two snowflakes fall we freak out and buy all the milk and bread Kroger has. But this is ridiculous, even for us.
It's kind of the same in Knoxville too: two snowflakes, everybody starts screaming, "AHH! BLIZZARD!!!"

BUT, today, it's snowing like CRAZY, and the snow is actually frozen before it hits, so there's a lot of slush on the roads right now.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Someone in Twitter asked Graham Mctavish what he thought about some people shipping Dwalin and Thorin.

Okay, I'm not against shipping, but...no! Just...no! You don't do that! At all! Under any circumstances! Just-ARGH! Idiot!

*head desk*