1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What Made You Roll Your Eyes Today Thread?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Aug 18, 2011.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I once saw a video of Dave Goelz signing some pictures. He would grab a fans' picture, one at a tme, from the large, crowd. Well, right after he signed a picture of The Muppets poster, he was handed a pic of Ernie and Bert. He frankly said " I'm not either of these guys " but signed it anyway. I'm sorry, but it furiates me when serious non- muppet fans get to meet the Muppeters, while us REAL Muppet fans are scrambling everywhere trying to just find an address to send a nice fan letter. I also bet that when the guy with the pic of Ernie and Bert went straight home and put it up on ebay. :mad:
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My mom is watching Extreme Couponing. They had a preacher on the show who proclaimed that the Lord led her to coupons, and then she took one of her parishioners shopping with her, actually saying "I'm afraid that if she doesn't believe in coupons than she might not believe in Jesus".

I had no idea that coupons carried such a significance.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The next big cult religion: Coupon Christianity.
    HeyButtahfly and charlietheowl like this.
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

That show is still on?

I'd like to know how buying in bulk things that you will never use that will be sitting in storage for eternity is saving you money and not wasteful :smirk:
    HeyButtahfly and Vincent Liu like this.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Sheesh, that's offensive on so many levels. :concern:
  6. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I can't believe such a show exists…
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

One episode had people donate all the food they bought to a local food bank, which was very nice of them. But most people just kept their stuff in the basement. I think it's a form of hoarding.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I would just like to say, once again, that if anyone deserves to be rich and famous for couponing, it's my mom. Seriously, my mom was couponing LOOOONG before couponing was all the rage... she was coupoining before couponing was a J-O-B job. She's been couponing since I was just a little kid, and I've been around for 20+ years... now it's only been within the last few years or so that the bad economy and sky-rocketing prices has driven other people to do it as well, the only problem is, they got famous for doing so, and I'm sure in some of these cases, also got just a little wealthier from having these shows or these couponing sites and such.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Once again, I am baffled by the logic of my school.

They are doing some...I have no idea...I guess maintenance, and have one of the roads blocked off. And yet, they put of a sign pointing to the dirction of the blocked road saying "Campus Tours"

Well, how are you supposed to get to the building if the road is blocked? :smirk:
  10. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I always shake my head and roll my eyes when I go into Walmart. Lol!
    charlietheowl likes this.
  11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

I do that in the parking lot. Talk about every white trash cliche' in the book.

----------------
  12. Pinkflower7783

I wonder if that makes me one since I shop there? But seriously they have good deals in there. I just try to go in and get out as fast as I can. Lol.
  13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I've been trying to buy a new pair of white classic leather Reeboks. In the past I've never had any trouble finding 'em, they're everywhere. Now it seems that all the stores stock in the way of athletic shoes is crayolas-on-acid abominations. It looks like somebody's three-year-old designed the colors. Seriously, who buys those hideous things besides paintball players?

And to think that I used to go by the women's athletic shoes and just grumble about all the girly-wirly pink.
  14. Pinkflower7783

I love pink. I'm as girly wirly as it comes. :p
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of everybody's obsession over whether or not Princess Kate is pregnant or not.

Y'know, it's a wonder she never got pregnant before the way she and William horsed around before they even got married... you'd think royalty would know better than that, but then again, look at the trouble Harry always gets into...
  16. Pinkflower7783

It's a royal pain isn't it? But seriously I never cared when they got married and I still don't care now. They ain't helping my life. The media just feeds on them like bees on honey!
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of all this stupid celebrity gossip. I hate it all, those losers at TMZ, do this all day, they sit in front of celebrity's houses and just follow them around all day, so all their news ends up being, "Katie Holmes eats a sandwich" or "Brad Pitt goes for a walk" It's complete garbage.
    The thing I hate most about it is...last year they played episodes of The Office every weeknight at 7:30 on ABC, now it's replaced with the TMZ garbage every single night!
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783

See this is why I don't ever read or listen to the news. I'd rather watch singing chickens. :cluck:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

TMZ = The Muppetz? :p
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Now that I would watch!