What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is more of a headdesk than an eyeroll, but why in God's name do we need to give Sarah Palin (or any Palin for that matter) another reality show? How much more of her stupidity do we need to witness?
The show's going to be a failure. Even Sarah's trainwreck status has been played out. I think we should all take advice John Oliver said 2 or 3 years ago. Ignore her. Just ignore her, stop complaining about her dumb shows, her Starscream-esque comments. She's not worth anyone's time.

Oh great, THE BIG DANG THEORY is getting ready to air its 200th episode, so now all of television is practically obsessing about it. I get so sick of this awful show always being shoved in our faces and down our throats all the time.
Hey. I'll take Big Bang Theory any day over the lame "hackers fighting terrorists" shows that old people like to watch that pretty much choke up CBS's line up. It's the kind of show that an aging parent tells their adult child "HEY! They're talking about that thing you like."

CBS pretty much has only 2 decent sitcoms on, the other one being "Life in Pieces." Big Bang, which I'd agree is overrated if they were still doing the same "all geeks are failures with women" schtick the series started out on. But surprisingly, the show has more character development a the series goes on (with exceptions). Marrying off a character who was just the stock pervert character actually made the show watchable. I'd love to jump on the "Ooooooohhhh, that show" bandwagon, but I'm actually impressed by it being the reverse of every other sitcom I've ever seen that turns the characters into cartoons.

But everything else on the network... Mom I don't care for and the only characters I liked (French Stewart, Kevin Pollack, and the guy who was Badger on Breaking Bad) were written out of the series. The new Odd Couple series is atrocious and totally wastes the talents of Lennon and Perry. Mike and Molly were married off too soon and it became stagnant quick and got canned and dumped. And I still don't forgive them for forcing a camp gay cartoon in The Millers and then canning it shortly in its second season because it was taking away viewers from their precious Scorpion.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I should've said this a while ago, but since around New Years my town of about 16,000 people has had THREE Dunkin' Donuts. As far as I know, the only one that is truly busy is the one I go to, and it's a good Dunkin. But, the older other one is small and never busy, the new one is not busy much either. I only get a Breakfast Sandwich( theirs are good) and sometimes Coffee, and NEVER donuts. Theirs taste like chemicals.
Anyway, back to the 3 Dunkin's. This is the same town that has no McD's, 1 Wendy's, no BK, and no Starbucks, so, I guess it makes sense. The new DD is across from a Local chain I don't really like, which doesn't help, too. My town needs 2 DD's, maybe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We just got Dunkin' Donuts close to where I live again at the beginning of the year, and I was really psyched about it, because the last time we had a Dunkin close to where I live was loooong ago when I was a little kid, and the only Dunkin there was was clear on the other side of town: too far a drive just for some strawberry-frosted doughnuts.

Now, if Baskin-Robbins would come back, because they shut down all of their locations in my town years ago, and were replaced with a local froyo chain.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IMHO, they're overrated, lol. I actually find their doughnuts to be too gooey and chewy.

It's kind of ironic though, because our new Dunkin is just across the street from them . . . it's almost kind of like how wherever you see a McDonald's, Burger King is usually close by, or if you see a Walgreen's, there's a CVS across the street.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
20 years ago, there was one Krispy Kreme in Northern New Jersey, and a big front page article of how they were going to put the Dunkin Empire out of business.

Didn't exactly work out that way.
As expensive as their donuts have become, they're nowhere near as good as they used to be.
Dunkin's coffee, however, still makes it worth stopping in.

It used to be so much more special when the stores were further apart. Now with one practically on every corner, it's no big deal anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, if I see one more manchild's animation review video crying about the new Powerpuff Girls cartoon, I'm going to angrily respond with a hearty "Grow the *&^% up!" Don't like it? Don't watch it. Don't be a freaking child about it.

Seriously...I &^$^&*ing hate how friggin entitled 90's kids are about their pwecious childhood.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't understand some of the things Nintendo does. They've recently announced that the latest Zelda game will be releasing in March of 2017, which is around the same time they will be rolling out their newest console codenamed NX, making me think that they're also planning it as a launch title for that system. Also, that game will be the only playable one on the show floor this coming E3, making me think they've just about given up on the Wii U, which isn't surprising.

There's also the censorship issues with the Western localizations of some of their RPGs, which doesn't make sense to me. Who are they trying to protect? Certainly not little kids as these games aren't meant for them, and definitely not feminists as they wouldn't buy these games either way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's also the censorship issues with the Western localizations of some of their RPGs, which doesn't make sense to me. Who are they trying to protect? Certainly not little kids as these games aren't meant for them, and definitely not feminists as they wouldn't buy these games either way.
They've always had that issue and it bitten them in the butt really hard back in the day when the first Mortal Kombat came out. I understand the level of contractual purity they place on themselves, but outright refusing some content has firmly established them as the kid's video game company as far ago as the 90's, when Sega Genesis commercials called them out on it. Sure, they can come up with that Conker game (which is oddly more censored on the X-Box remake), but that's something they inflicted on themselves and they'll never live down. That and the outright refusal to license out their characters to cartoon series and comic books.

mr3urious

Reaction score
They've always had that issue and it bitten them in the butt really hard back in the day when the first Mortal Kombat came out. I understand the level of contractual purity they place on themselves, but outright refusing some content has firmly established them as the kid's video game company as far ago as the 90's, when Sega Genesis commercials called them out on it. Sure, they can come up with that Conker game (which is oddly more censored on the X-Box remake), but that's something they inflicted on themselves and they'll never live down. That and the outright refusal to license out their characters to cartoon series and comic books.
At least Nintendo of America still allows other companies to publish M-rated games on their systems. It's just the ones they've been publishing recently (though they're rated T, but that's beside the point) that many have an issue with.